Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year will be the first year that we aren't going anywhere for one of the holidays. We are a bit sad because we have so much family and it is hard to be on our own during a time that is about being with family but that is okay. Since I love to cook and I am a total nerd about having all the good stuff for Thanksgiving I decided to do the Thanksgiving dinner for the girls at the school. I know, sometimes I overdo things, just ask Kevin. I can't imagine where I get that from. The day before Thanksgiving I made 7 pies so that the girls could have all their favorites, and so I could have mine too! Kevy was working so I had to do it with two monkeys that feel like they need to be right up in the action. Once they got sick of sitting on the counter they decided to make beds on the kitchen floor. I try to not get too upset about them being in the kitchen with me because I do want them to learn to cook and enjoy being in there with me, but man it can really get old quick.

Yes this is pretty much all the floor space in the kitchen.

Thanksgiving day I got up a t 6:00 a.m. to finish the pies and get the girls ready so we could get down to the school and start the dinner. I just had a feeling that if we didn't get down there as quick as we could that things would not get done, and of course when we got there, the turkey hadn't been started and the ham ( which didn't need to go in for a few more hours) was cooking. Anyway Kevy and I spent the entire day in the kitchen making all the food, while the girls ran around the school and had fun. The turkey took forever to cook and we didn't end up eating until 3:00. Nellie was throwing fits because she was so hungry. Some of the girls at the school were not happy that it took so long, but everyone was happy when the food came, because there was a ton of it and just about everything you could imagine. Everyone told us how much they enjoyed it so that made it all worth it. We got home that night around 5:30 and put the girls down and pretty much fell asleep ourselves, I don't know if I have ever been that tired before. But I am glad that we gave the girls at the school a nice Thanksgiving. Of course we were in such a hurry that morning to leave that we forgot our camera and didn't get any pictures.

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Binny thanks for being there for the girls at the school. I'm sure they will remember how wonderful and yummy the food was for a long time. Your the best cook. We appreciate you and Kevy's hard work. We missed you though, but look forward to seeing you soon.