Saturday, November 22, 2008

All About Lizzy


I am a little late on this since I was going to do it around her birthday, but better late than never. What can I say about my Lizzy, I don't even know where to start. Lizzy is Lizzy, she is the sweetest little girl that you could possible imagine. She is just such a bright spot in this world.

From the day she was born Lizzy was a the happiest kid there ever was. She came out smiling, and she was really smiling. I was looking back at pictures of her as a baby and there really isn't one where she doesn't have a giant grin on her face. She has always been an incredibly social person, always wanting to be involved in what was going on. She is so easy to have around because she wants to be good and kind and loving to everyone. Sometimes Nellie gets annoyed with Lizzy because Lizzy is always trying to hug her and squeeze her and Nellie sometimes doesn't want that. She also always hugs my belly and tells baby Jane how much she loves her. She is going to be so sweet with Jane. She is so cute at school, everyone LOVES Lizzy, her teacher told me that everyone fights over sitting next to Lizzy because they all love her so much. Her teacher could not tell me enough how sweet and kind and obedient Lizzy is. I wish I could say it is because of what a great mother I am that Lizzy is this way, but really it is just the way Lizzy came.

Lizzy LOVES to sing, she has been singing since she was tiny. She is constantly singing around the house, and not just songs, she just sings whatever, she makes stuff up or just practices scales and stuff, it is hilarious. I just hope she takes after Kevy's side of the family and gets their good singing voice because if she takes after mine she is in trouble. She is loving having Christmas coming up because we play Christmas songs and she loves to sing along with them. But she doesn't especially like slow ones, she tells me "This isn't a happy song Mom, lets change it to a happy one."

She has so much enthusiasm for life, it is amazing. Almost every day she says to me, "It sure is a beautiful day today." She always is telling me how beautiful and wonderful everything is, it is so cute. She always says to me too "That is a great idea!" when I suggest something.

Lizzy is definitely a Daddy's girl, she sure loves her Dad, but there isn't much hope for Lizzy to be Kevy's sports buddy, because she is such a girlie girl. She is into anything barbie, princess, dress up, makeup, whatever as long as it is very girlie. She asks me all the time if she can wear some of my makeup, and I have to keep telling her not until she gets bigger.
Lizzy is also a great eater, she will eat everything, she is not the slight bit picky. She loves vegetables and sometimes I have to tell her she needs to eat the rest of her food before she can have more veggies. Her favorite food is pancakes, She asks me very morning if I will make pancakes. Her favorite colors are pink and purple (big surprise) She loves to go places, as long as it is close by. If we have to go down to Salina she gets all nervous and says, "But that is bery far away." She wants to be filled in on what we are going to do everyday, play by play, from waking to bedtime she wants to know all the events in between.

One thing she really doesn't like is going to sleep. Maybe that is why she stopped taking naps at such a young age. The other day I told her she had to take a nap because she woke up really early and was grumpy. She had the biggest meltdown over that. It was crazy because she doesn't have meltdowns at all. It has been years really. Besides that time, I can't think of the last time that she had to be sent to timeout, because she is always trying to be so obedient and do what is right. Although one thing she does like to do is blame Nellie for things. If I find a big mess and start to get upset, it never fails that Lizzy tells me that it was Nellie and she was trying to get Nellie not to do it. Sure. She really is a first child though because she always is bossing Nellie around, She thinks she needs to be in charge of Nellie and I have to constantly be telling her that is not her job, it is mine. She will make a great bossy oldest sister.

I am so grateful that Lizzy is mine and I hope each day that I can be a good enough Mom to such a special girl. I love you my Lizzy Lou!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

That was really cute Binny! She is such a sweetheart and you described her perfectly with your post :) We are happy to have her as a part of our family...she is such a fun little cousin and niece!

Goddard Family said...

so sweet...what a cute post!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

I think it is great that you all use your blogs to write about your kids and the funny things they say and do. It sure beats writing in a journal. Really, truely, I don't know of anyone who doesn't love Lizzy. She always makes us happy and glad to be around her. When I think back, she is like her Daddy. He was always happy and easy going. He always wants to please everyone (he still does). Lizzy is also the way she is because you provide such a good home for her. You both are doing such a good job! I know when we first came out to Kansas and I was having a hard day, I just needed to hold Lizzy and I would feel so much better. We just love her so much and can't wait to see everyone soon!! Love ya

Jimmie-Nichole-Koa-Becks said...

Hey guys,
We will give you a call so we can catch up. Hope all is well have a great Thanksgiving.

Leavitt Family said...

That was Lizzy to a T!!!!! She is sooo fun to be around and she makes me smile all the time I am with her I just love her to pieces!!! I am sorry Brin and Brax sometimes can hurt her sweet little feelings but they really do love her to death!!!! I am thankful that we are here with you guys so I can watch them grow up it is fun to see them all together and to watch Brin and Lizzy hold hands it is sooo cute!!!! We all love Lizzy!!!!