Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bouncy Bob

We got a new van!! I don't know what I am more amazed about, the fact that I finally have a car that fits three car seats, or the fact that I actually made it five months in my Galant with three huge car seats in the back. I know people might think it is lame that I am so thrilled about a new van, but if they had ridden with Nellie and Lizzy and Jane squished in their backseat for five months they would know how I feel.

We really researched and spent over a month looking for this van, I really wanted an Odyssey and they aren't very easy to come by. We ended up finding a good deal in Colorado, so yesterday Kevy and I and Jane drove to Colorado and picked it up, while Kristi (Thank you Kiki!) watched the other girls so we didn't have to take them. It was a very long day, but very worth it. I love my new van! The girls were thrilled when we pulled in and they saw it, it is like their new toy, which we have to be careful that they don't jack around in it, because they think it is so fun to play with the doors and stuff.

We have a family tradition of naming our cars, and since we have been planning on getting one for a while we let the girls come up with a name. Lizzy wanted Bob and Nellie wanted Bouncy Ball, (don't ask me) so we came up with Bouncy Bob. I know silly but we like it.


The girls just love their new van and so do I because now I can put in a DVD and they will be quiet and they won't be sitting next to each other pinching each other and trying to tease each other.

2 comments:

Joy :) said...

Congrats on the new van!! To keep anyone from going crazy in the car you HAVE to have a TV/DVD player. Enjoy Bouncy Bob! :)

Chanelle said...

Yeah for mini vans! I absolutely love mine and I know you already love yours! How nice that will be for your trip to Utah!