Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nellie's Birthday

Nelle Belle is 3! How can my tiny baby be 3 already? She was so excited to have a birthday, she felt so special! It was really cute. She kept talking about how it was her birthday all day. I love when they get to the stage where they understand that sort of thing. She got a Diego backpack from Grandma and Grandpa. She was thrilled and wore it around the rest of the evening. She was so excited to wear it to school. I just love how she is her own person. There is no telling her what she should like. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

She got a cool baseball toy from Grammie and Papi. Both girls have been practicing their batting skills with it. Thanks Grammie and Papi!

Kelli and Lance gave her a fun Mr. Potato Head toy and Sandy gave her a cute little fur real doggie. She loved all her presents. Thanks everyone!




Nellie really wanted a Diego birthday cake and how could I not make her one. It took over three hours because there were 15 different colors. That is what took so long was just tinting the frosting and making sure the color was right. I think I am only going to make these really fancy cakes for a couple of birthdays, I love to do it, but man it takes forever. But she was SO thrilled when she saw the cake it was worth all the time spent.

It sure was fun to have her cousins at her party! If you look you can see that the cake is green. How could I not make a green cake for her when she loves that color so much.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

That cake is amazing Binny! You are so freaking talented!! Happy B-day Nellie! I can't believe that she is 3 and is going to pre school!! Love you guys!

Leavitt Family said...

You are awesome with cakes what a great talent!!!We had such a fun time with Nellie also she is such a sweetheart!!! I love her to pieces!!!

Joy :) said...

Once again Binny, you take the prize for the most amazing cake! I still need to try decoration one like that. Looks like a fun Birthday!!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

We sure had tons of fun at Nellie's party! The cake was amazing and yummy!