Friday, January 15, 2010

Baby Jane's Birthday Party

We had a little birthday party for our little Janie girl. It is always so fun to have their first birthday party, even if they don't understand. Janie got this darling little outfit from Grandma and Grandpa. I love yellow and she looks so darling in it. Thanks Mom and Dad.


Kevin's parents and Kelli and Lance came up for the party. It was really nice of them to come.
Janie was really not interested in opening the presents. I tried to show her how to tear the paper, but she just sat there.

The other kids were much more into the presents then she was and it was hard to keep them from opening the presents for her.

As you can see I just ended up giving up and letting the other kids open the presents because she just didn't care about it.



This was the cake I made for Janie. I wanted to make a lady bug cake for her but I baked one in a large bowl and it took so long for the middle to bake that the outside was burnt, so I just decided to make a sheet cake and put some little lady bugs on top.


She enjoyed the cake but true to Jane's relaxed nature, she never went full force on it. She did make a mess, but nothing like my other two did on their first cakes.

It was a fun little party and we are so glad out little Janie was born a year ago.

8 comments:

Goddard Family said...

Happy Birthday Janie...she is too cute...she looks so much like Lizzy to me. Hope all is well!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

She's a year already? Time goes by too fast! Your cake is so cute! You are so creative!

McClinticks said...

She is sooo cute! I love it!!!

Joy :) said...

WOW...one years old already?!?!?!?! LOVE the cake, (as always) and I Jane is such a cute little girl!!!! I just want to squish her!!! :)

Chanelle said...

What a cutie little Janie is! I love that picture at the end where she just looks at the cake like what am I suppost to do with this! So sweet!

Leavitt Family said...

She is super cute!!!!! We had a fun time coming to the birthday party!!! My favorite part was how Janie girl wanted to paint herself with the frosting!!!! So cute!!!! I just can't believe our kids are one!!! Wow!!!!!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Thank you for inviting us to the party!! We just had so much fun. Jane is such a sweetheart. It was fun to watch all the kids be excited for her. The cake was darling and delicious! Thanks for the great yummy food and party. The outfit your parents gave her is so darling!! Love you all so much.

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe she is 1! The cake turned out way cute as always..it looked like a fun party! She is seriously so dang cute though..I need to come out and see you guys! Its been way too long, hopefully soon though! Miss you guys and thanks for all that you do! Love ya!