Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Gingerbread House Incident

I have a tendency to have a certain bad word that starts with an S, pop out of my mouth when I am not meaning for it to. Well we decided to decorate a gingerbread house just like we do every year, and Lizzy wanted me to spread frosting on the roof and cover it with red sprinkles. So I started doing this and I guess that the roof hadn't set yet because it started collapsing. Immediately Lizzy said Sh**, sh**, sh**! Kevin thought it was pretty funny, but I felt awful because I know she picked that up from me. So I told her that I was naughty and that we shouldn't say that word. I have been trying very hard ever since to really watch my mouth at all times! Needless to say, we had to throw out the gingerbread house because it just wouldn't stay together and kept collapsing.
This is about as good as it ever looked.

The girls have so much fun doing stuff like this. I love having little girls.

7 comments:

Joy :) said...

I love it--too funny!!!

Christen said...

That is so funny! Mike was with Skye one morning when she started to sing in a jingle type way: "What the hell, what the hell, what the hell?" I told him not to look at me, but we both knew where she heard it! Oops.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I think we've all had that happen. It's so hard not to laugh, isn't it?? And at least you did gingerbread houses this year...we totally left it out.

Sandy said...

How funny! Lizzy is so cute :) Our gingerbread house did the same thing! I love all of the new posts. It looks like you had tons of fun in california, I bet it was so nice to be in the warm weather! The girls look so cute at their dance recital, Nellie looks so big! Jane is getting so big too! We miss you guys and hopefully we can see you soon! Love ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chanelle said...

I just had to laugh! What is it about that word that seems to come out of our mouth when we get panicked about something!