Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Sweet Baby Jane is ONE!

I just can't believe that time could be going so fast. This past year has been the fastest of my life. My baby Janie is one, I can't believe it. Sometimes you get excited for a baby to get older, but not my Janie, I don't want her to grow up. She has been the best baby ever. She has such a clam nature and is so easy going. She has made me want to have 5 more babies, she has been so good, although I think I will still just stick with two more.

I can still so vividly remember every single thing about the moment that she was placed in my arms. She was born with all this cute curly dark hair, which I was surprised about, I thought she would be a tow head. She had these darling chipmunk cheeks that I still just can't get over. And of course she had her daddy's crazy long toes just like her sisters.

We brought her home and after about two weeks everything was just great. She was such a good baby and she just fit in so well, that it wasn't a very difficult adjustment. Lizzy absolutely adored her and wanted to suffocate her with her hugs and love. Nellie loved her too, but more from a distance. Janie was and still is a great sleeper, she was sleeping until 4 am pretty much from the beginning, and was sleeping a solid 12-13 hours at night from about 5 months on.
What a blessing she has been to our family, who would have known we would have had three little girls, and how amazing they all are. I cannot imagine having a boy instead of our amazing beautiful Jane.

I took Janie to her one year appointment and she was 17lbs. 6 oz. hovering just about at the 4th percentile. I love having petite little girls though. You would never guess that she is that small though because she eats so much. There is not one thing that this little babe won't eat, she eats everything, I love it!

Jane is such a little water bug. She has always loved her baths so much, she will just play forever, and she never ever cries when water gets in her eyes. She is my little water baby.

If she sees me coming to get her, or she thinks I am bringing her something like her bottle or a treat, she lifts up her head and gets this huge silly grin on her face, with her eyes all squinted it is really cute. She is really busy right now and one of her favorite things to do is to go over to the bookcase and pull every book she possible can off the shelf, she just loves to do that, and I am putting books back on the shelf about 20 times a day because I can't handle the mess. She loves to follow me into the kitchen and be just right under my feet playing, I have stepped on her too many times, so finally we got a gate to keep her out of the kitchen, and when she sees me pull it out she starts whining, it is funny. When Jane gets really excited she starts flapping her arms a lot, it looks like she is trying to fly away. She is just the most peaceful happy baby, she just hangs out and doesn't make much commotion. If I have been in the kitchen and I haven't heard from her in a bit I will go and find her and she will be in her room playing with toys or something. We got her a little stuffed rocking horse and she will go over to in and just hug it and say aww.

Janie is a total mama's girl right now, which of course I love. She loves to give me kisses and hugs and when she gives hugs she always says, Awww when she does it. I just want to eat her up. We just love her little cheekies, they are so cute and chubby still.

I could just go on and on about my Janie. She is so special and I just adore her so much. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knows better than we do or else I wouldn't have this amazing little girl that my life wouldn't be complete without. I love you my little baby lady.

Janie the day she was born, such a little beauty.

I just can't get over her cheeks, I love them!


Her blessing day, she looked like such a little angel.


Janie big eyes, her eyes have always been so bright.

I love the little hand up by her face.



In her pretty pink dress that Kevy's grandma made her.


Kevy and Janie sleeping, both are very talented in this department.





There are those big eyes again.




She would get so tired after we would go swimming, she loved it though and would chill in her floaty forever.





The three little monkeys in the tub, she loved when she got to start bathing with her sisters


Pancakes and blueberries, two of her favorites. She really knows how to make a mess when she eats, I have to be careful and watch her because when she decides she is done she will start painting her hair with food and then I have to bathe her, I think she does it on purpose for that very reason.





I just love that little face.

Look at those cute bunny cakes, as the girlies call them.





We think she looks just like her Grammie, Kevy's mom, just with blue eyes


What a joy this little baby is. We love her so much!

5 comments:

Goddard Family said...

Seriously, can't get much cuter than that! Darling girls. I can't believe that she is already one...where does the time go!

Sandy said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! I feel like I haven't seen you guys forever! Hopefully she isn't scared of me when I see her again cause I will want to squeeze her up :)

Joy :) said...

SOOOOO Stink'n CUTE!!!!! It's crazy that she is already one!!!! Now I'm just waiting for the blog post telling everyone that you are pregnant again!!! :) Love you Binny!!!

Christen said...

Ooooh, she is just too cute! I love the bum pics and the bathtub pics with all the girls. What beautiful sisters - they are so lucky to have each other! Happy Birthday, Baby Jane!

Chanelle said...

I think she is the cutest thing ever! And I miss her soo much, you really have the cutest girls! It sure helps that their mom is always making sure they look so cute! You are such a good mom!