Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye Grandpa

My Grandpa passed away last month. I knew probably it would happen soon, but once it does happen nothing can prepare you for the emotions you feel. It has been since I was a little girl that a family member has passed and I would have to say it is much more difficult as an adult. It just felt so surreal to realize that I wouldn't get to see and talk to him again in this life. All of us grandkids felt so close to our Grandpa because he made us feel so special. He was always a jokster and my mom said even at the end in the hospital when he was in so much pain he still was joking with everyone. I will miss him so much and I am so sad that we won't get to enjoy seeing him now that we have moved out here. He will be missed very much! This is the only picture that I could find on my computer of him, it was taken last Thanksgiving, and it wasn't even a very good picture. :(

The funeral was wonderful and even though we really didn't have the money to spend on a plane ticket, it was SOO worth it to go and say goodbye. Almost all of my brothers and sisters were able to make it and it was so neat to all be there together. We all cried through the whole thing and none of us girls had any makeup left by the end.

This was a picture of my step-grandma and Joseph walking up to the burial site. I just thought it was really cute. My grandma died when I was 8, and my grandpa got remarried shortly after so she has been my grandma for a good part of my life.

I love this picture. I just thought it was so neat to see my brothers carrying the casket. We missed Jarom, but he was taking his boards that day and couldn't make it, but my 5 other brothers were there.

Here is our family at the cemetery. We all had a great few days remembering my Grandpa and telling funny stories about him, and just celebrating his life. I am so glad to have the gospel and know that death is not the end and that we all will get to be together again someday.

4 comments:

Joy :) said...

Oh that was beautiful Binny! I'm glad you were able to fly out to the funeral.

Christen said...

Sounds like you had an amazing grandpa, Binny! Glad you got to be there for the funeral ... did you already move?? We need to catch up!

Sandy said...

Isn't it great to know that we can see our loved ones again? :) I'm sure he is doing great work on the other side. Hopefully you guys are getting settled and enjoying the nice California weather! We miss you and hopefully we can see you soon!

Ladysam said...

Binny, sorry to hear about your Grandfather! I lost my Grandmother in May. I am glad that you were able to be there, too! I hope your family is doing well.