Friday, October 1, 2010

Nellie Belle

My little Nellie. I sure love this little girl. I look at this big four year old and I can't believe that she is the same as the little 2 lb baby she was born as. She sure gives us a run for our money and if there ever was a person sent to teach her parents patience it is Nellie. Sometimes I want to rip my hair out because she is so obstinate. If I ask her to do something she automatically decides she wants to do the opposite. She really has had a rough time lately because of all the changes that our family has gone through, but she has started to pull out of it and is doing much better. She started a new preschool out here and she LOVES it so much. She wants to go everyday and we have discovered that she is quite the little artist. She draws the cutest little pictures. She drew a picture of a police car that was so neat it had the light on top and all these cute little details that I would never have thought that a four year old could do. Another thing that Nellie really loves to do is help me in the kitchen. She is a good little cooker and she told me that when she grows up she is going to be a chef. I didn't even know that she knew the word chef. The way that Nellie gets set on something I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she ends up being a chef when she grows up.
Nellie is also amazing me at how easily she picks stuff up. She seems to learn things really easily and I swear she has a photographic memory. Whenever we play memory she kills me because she remembers where every single picture is. At first I thought it was just lucky, but no she really remembers all of them. She loves to read and now that Lizzy is learning to read she wants to as well and she is doing pretty darn good.
We all know about Nellie's obsession with Jaguar prints, she is in love with jaguar prints and would have an entire wardrobe of them if I would let her. She will go up to complete strangers and tell them she likes their shirt if it is a jaguar print. My mom has a pair of jaguar print pajamas and Nellie will go up to her and start petting her and telling her how much she loves her pajamas and she does this every time she wears them. For Christmas I really need to find some jaguar print fabric to make her jammies out of. She also has a little stuffed jaguar that she named Jasper and she is super attached to him. She has to take him wherever she goes and she keeps leaving him, which has really created a problem at bedtime. She still of course loves the color green and still loves to wear that too.

Nellie gives the best hugs, she is very loving and kind. She loves to share her stuff with others. If she has a treat she will always share it, and we all know how much Nellie loves her treats. She is one of the sweetest little girls that there ever was. She doesn't care what other people think of her, she is what she is and I really love that about her. She is really starting to include Jane more and really does love her a lot. She even shares Jasper with Jane which says a lot.
Nellie is such a special little girl and even though she isn't the easiest child I love her so much and I am so glad that she is mine. She brings so much joy to our family.

2 comments:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

What can we say except we just love Nellie to pieces!! We love her hugs and miss them. We love everything about her. Thank you so much for coming to the reunion and spending time with us. It was so nice to have all of the grandchildren together (just don't know when that will happen again.) We love you all and miss you.

Goddard Family said...

So cute...she sounds just like my Sophie! What won't kill us will only make us stronger.