Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween

We had a really great Halloween this year. It was probably one of the most busy weeks of the year for me though. We had just moved into our new house we are renting the past weekend. Plus Lizzy's birthday is that week also. then between helping with Nellie's preschool party and making a costume that I had procrastinated, making food for the trunk or treat, and all the other stuff that comes along with Halloween and a birthday, it just was pretty exhausting. But there was no way I was going to skip out on carving pumpkins, it is just something that you have to do. The girls went easy on us this year and picked easy patterns to do, so that was nice. They really enjoyed pulling out the guts and every time Janie held them she would say "eww" I love this chesser smile she is giving here.



What cute little monkeys these three are.

Lizzy was a red princess this year, Nellie was the witch that Lizzy was two years ago and Janie was a Jaguar that Nellie was two years ago. I finally let Lizzy be a princess this year,I had convinced her ever year to be something else because I have a hard time with every little girl thinking they need to be a princess for Halloween, but I figured it was going to be hard to convince her to be something else this year. Janie, I originally wanted to be a ladybug, but the pattern that was on sale wasn't very cute so I decided I might as well use this one again.

Every time I tried to try the costume on Jane she wasn't nothing to do with it, I was a little worried about it because she wouldn't even let me put it on her, but then I remembered that Lizzy did the same thing when she was little and all I had to do was give her candy and she let me do whatever I wanted so I distracted Jane with candy and sure enough she let me put the costume on her. She looked so cute too.


Don't you just love how Lizzy has to do a princess pose for her picture.

With Halloween falling on a Sunday this year the girls had a hard time because they didn't get to trick or treat with their friends who went on Sunday, but our ward had a Trunk or treat the night before that we went to and it was great. There was food and lots of carnival games for the kids and then they got plenty of candy from the trunk or treat. There was a cake walk and Nellie was bound and determined to get a cupcake, she played forever before her number was called but she was good because she got her cupcake in the end.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

It looks like you guys have been busy with fun "Fall" activities :) Your girls look so dang cute in their Halloween costumes, I'm sure Lizzy was a big poser that night :) Hopefully you are getting settled in your new house, we miss you guys! Love ya!

Goddard Family said...

What cuties!!!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I guess that's one thing about living in Utah..we all trick-or-treat on Saturday. Cute costumes!