Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lizzy's Birthday

My big girl turned 6 on October 26th. I seriously want to stop time. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. She is the same sweet outgoing girl she has always been but she is just getting so grownup I can't believe it.
Because the week of her birthday was so crazy, we had to spread the celebrations out. The day before her birthday she got money from Grammie and Papi so she was super excited to get a present with that. The day of her birthday I took her shopping to get something with her money. She got a Hello Kitty scooter and a helmet. She has been riding her friends scooters and loved it so she really wanted one of her own. I really need to get a picture of her on it because she is so cute. Then a couple days after her birthday when she was having a playdate with one of her friends she decided to learn how to ride a bike, so she has been having a great time riding a two wheeler. The thing she wanted most for her birthday was to get her ears pierced. She has been talking about it for a while so a couple of weeks after her birthday we made it to the mall and got her ear pierced. She tried so hard to not cry, but right after they did it she put on this brave face and then immediately burst into tears. She was glad though that she did it and has been asking to put her hair up everyday so that people can see her earrings. If I had known it was going to cost over 30 dollars to get her ears pierced I wouldn't have gotten her anything else for her birthday, but I thought it would be pretty cheap so we also got her a new quilt for her bed. I like to try and manipulate the girls into getting something they need for presents, does that make me a bad mom?

She wanted to have a party on her birthday but that wasn't going to happen, so that weekend we went to my parents and had a little family party.
She was excited to have another day for birthday celebrations, although Nellie and Lizzy both thought it meant that it was her actual birthday again. Silly girls.

Lizzy got a whole bunch of cute stuff from my parents that she could color and make. She loves coloring and drawing.

She had asked for a barbie cake for her birthday and I thought it would be easier than it actually was, but I figured it out and I think that it turned out pretty good.
I would have to say that this picture is priceless just because of Nellie crying in the background.

2 comments:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Love all of the pictures!! Looks like Halloween was fun. I'm sure you are glad to be in your own home. The girls are growing up way to fast. Cute, sweet Lizzy is 6, wow! The cake is beautiful Binny, you always do such a good job. I would have hated to even cut it. It looks to good to eat. We miss you all. We had our Primary Program yesterday and I sure missed all the grandkids singing voices. Espically our performer, Lizzy. Love you all, give the girls hugs and kisses for us.

Joy :) said...

Wow...6?? Love it! Darling cake! Cute pictures! Looks like everyone is doing wonderful!!! I'm so glad you get to be close to your family again!!! Love you and miss you!!