Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Time!

I really look forward to Christmas every year, it is my favorite holiday, and I have come to realize that it is my favorite because it is a whole season rather than just a day. I love the magic, yes really, the magic at this time of year. The food and the music and the movies and the activities and the decorations and the presents and just everything that comes along with it. I never understood why my parents said that they really didn't need presents they just enjoyed watching us, until I had kids of my own. I think maybe I am more excited than they are for it all. It is funny through because they just want Christmas day to come and I dread it coming because then all the magic and wonder is gone after that. So every time my girls say "I just wish it was Christmas today!" I try and remind them to enjoy what we are doing right now. One of our favorite traditions is to turn off the lights and turn on music and have Christmas dancing. Last year Jane wanted to dance with the girls so bad but she wasn't walking yet so it was so fun to see her keeping up with the other two this year. This year I caved and we bought a fake tree. I was just too tired to go and get a real one and put the lights on, so we went to Walmart and found this extra special one that was only 40 bucks. It looked really sad when we got it out of the box, but I fluffed it out and revived it. I have to say it was nice to not have to string the lights this year. The girls love to help decorate and they did a really good job although I think they liked to look of the ones hanging off the bottom because they put about a third of them on the bottom branch.




Our ward had a Christmas breakfast this year, which I don't particularly like, but oh well. It was still fun and we even went in our pajamas. It was really hard for me not to do my girls hair because normally I refuse to leave the house without their hair done, but I decided to go with it, although most people still did their kids hair. I felt like a rube, but oh well. The girls got up there and sang with the primary, and surprise that Lizzy sang super loud, she is such a little singer.

I love this picture with Santa with Jane having not one but two fingers up her nose.

Nellie had a little Christmas program at her preschool and she did such a good job! Nellie is really not one for performing but she know how much we wanted her to do it so she did and she did such a good job. It was really hard for Lizzy to not be up there in front of everyone, she sat up front and sang along too.
Here is Nellie with her little friend Mykenzie. She loves going to school and playing with her little friends. School is such a good thing for her, I know I have said this before but her teacher is the best teacher! I can't wait for Janie to be able to go there in a couple of years.
She looked so pretty in her Christmas dress. I just love this little crazy girl!


One of the things that Nellie was so excited about and she talked about for weeks before was that they made the dads come up and put a Rudolph nose on and sing with the kids. Nellie thought it was so funny.

Then of course Santa came and Nellie got to tell him what she wanted. It seems like kids tell every Santa they see something different.


It is always a tradition for us to make a Gingerbread house, but it seems like I do most of it with just one so this year we made one for each girl. We went and got a bunch of bulk candy and graham crackers and put them together. They loved it and I plan on doing it this way from now on. It was so cute for Jane to help stick on the candies. They all had fun eating them too.




Such a cute little baby lady. Yes I still call her that. I know it is a weird nickname, but I think it fits her.

Lizzy really got a lot of candy on there. One whole side of her roof is covered in peppermint disks. Lizzy never ate any of hers though. She is really funny and won't eat a whole lot of junk because she says it is not good for her.
This was Nellie's gingerbread house that she decorated. Look closely at how much candy she had on that thing

And this was it the next day. Virtually every piece of candy was gone. She has a little bit of a junk food addiction. She definitely is not on the same wavelength as Lizzy.

1 comment:

Goddard Family said...

So fun! What great traditions and memories you are creating with those darling girls of yours! I agree with you...Christmas is "magical" with little ones! I'm sad it's over!