Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

We sure had a great Thanksgiving this year, but the girls were not about it, they just wanted it to get over so Christmas could come. This was a little conversation about thanksgiving that I just had to write down.
Lizzy: Is Thanksgiving just a bunch of eating?
Mom: Yes but it is so fun to be with everyone and think about what we are thankful for too, I am sure thankful for our family.
Lizzy: I am thankful for Jesus.
Nellie: I am thankful for candy.
And that pretty much sums it up. I got a good laugh over that one because that truly is the thing that Nellie is most grateful for. She is a junkfoodaholic. Here are my cute little pilgrim, Indian and turkey. Lizzy was a pilgrim for her program and Nellie was Pocahontas for her little feast at school and Janie got to wear a turkey hat that Lizzy made.


Lizzy is just getting so old I can't believe it, but I am loving having such a big girl she is such a good help to me.

she sure is a pretty little Pocahontas. She is just loving her preschool and I just love her teacher, she makes Nellie feel so special.

Isn't she just the cutest little turkey you ever saw. I just can't believe that she is so darn big! She is almost 2, I just cant believe that she isn't a baby anymore, I am so sad and really not ready for her to be big yet. Not until I get another little one coming.

Lizzy at her Thanksgiving program, she of course sang her little heart out, she get very serious about her singing and the actions. She wants to do them all just perfect.

Lizzy showing off her pine cone turkey she made. She was also sitting next to her new little friend Iris. She is so cute to always make new little friends.

This was our group for Thanksgiving this year. Not very big compared to usual. Of course the year that we move out here is the year that no one comes to visit for the holidays. It is always fun to be with the people who are here though. We had fun eating lots of food and being together. The day after Thanksgiving I got up at four after sleeping for about two hours and decided to do the black Friday thing. I will admit that I have never done it before, but this year I wanted to save lots of money, so I went and got a really nice trampoline for less than half the price it usually is. I am super excited about that, then my mom found me at the mall and I helped her get a bunch of stuff, the poor lady has way too many people to buy for, but it was fun to help her pick stuff out and then we went to breakfast at McDonald's. It was really nice to have Kevin home for for straight days. We went to Tangled the next day and we decided to take Janie. I know Kevin didn't want to but I wanted us all to be there. Well I couldn't believe that such a little girl could do so good. She sat in her little seat the whole movie and watched it. Pretty much without moving, I put her on my lap for a little while just because I wanted to hold her, but she didn't once try and get down. It was truly amazing. Nellie on the other hand was a different story she drove me nuts wanting more and more treats in order to sit still, but that is life with that girl. We loved the movie, so much fun.


Nellie with her dirty face, such a big surprise.

Jane really liked her sparkling cider and was going to get every last drop.

4 comments:

Goddard Family said...

Oh my gosh...I just got caught up on all of your DARLING posts. Your girls are beautiful! Nellie is just like my Sophie...so funny to see the similarities between the two. Love their halloween costumes, the thanksgiving hats...and all of the random pictures. I think its time to start working on #4?

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The girls are always so dare cute. We just love all the pictures, Thank you for keeping up on your blog so we can see them grow. I love the comments of what they are grateful for. Lizzy and Nellie's answers are so them! We still laugh when we talk about Lizzy, (trying to live the gospel). We miss you all so much! Give the girls hugs and kisses for us.

Leavitt Family said...

Oh those girls are so stinkin cute!!! I miss them soooooo much!!! I am glad you had a fun thanksgiving!! Did Lizzy cry when she got her ears done??? Brinlee is a baby she would for sure cry but when she sees Lizzy's she may change her mind!!! I love the cake you are amazing!! Give the girlies kisses we miss you guys!!!

Joy :) said...

So so cute! Looks like a very fun Thanksgiving! I couldn't read anything because of the red font didn't show up well with my computer, but it looks like everyone had a great time!