Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lizzy Lizardo

My Lizzy is so big now. Six just seems so much older than 5. She has grown up so much in this past year. It is like she seems to understand so much now that she didn't before. I love having such a big girl. She is such a good help to me.

Lizzy started Kindergarten this year and she loves it so much. She is one of those kids that loves going to school so much that she doesn't really get very excited about having days off of school. Not much like me. In fact sometimes I wonder where this girl of mine came from, she is so different than me. It is so cute how social she is , when we are walking to the car from school she is saying bye to all of her little friends she sees. I love how confident she is too, she know what a good girl she is and that she is so dang cute too.
Lizzy is one of the easiest little girls to have around because she is a people pleaser, so she always is trying to do something that will please me. She is so sweet all the time because she always will tell me how much she loves me and that I am the best Mom and that I am the best cooker in the world. It is so cute and as a mom you just treasure things like that because it can be a thankless job, and it can feel like no one notices all that you do, but Lizzy does that for me.
Lizzy is so outgoing and she just loves to perform. We went to Nellie's Christmas concert and Lizzy was just dying inside because it wasn't her up in front of everyone. She did however sit up front and sing along with all the songs. She wants to learn how to play the piano and she told me today that when she is eight, well maybe ten she wants to sing in the choir at church.
Lizzy has such a tender little heart and is a lot like me in that she gets her little feelings hurt very easily and cries a lot. So I guess she is like me. She is always wanting to do the right thing and do what Jesus would want her to do. She has such a sweet little spirit and she is so sweet with her little sisters. Nellie many times doesn't like to have Jane around but Lizzy will always include Jane.
Lizzy does have a lot of friends and it has been nice to move out here where there are so many little kids around. Lizzy lives to be with her little friends, she has some that live right across from my parents house and when we go over there she always says she wants to just enjoy being outside instead of going in, but really she is hoping her friends will see her. It is so silly. Lizzy totally fits the first child mold perfectly. It is crazy how much she wants to be in charge and tell everyone else what to do, including me sometimes.
Lizzy is such a beautiful and special girl. I am the luckiest person that I have been entrusted by Heavenly Father to be her mom. I hope I can always do a good job. I love her so much and I am so glad that she is my little girl.

2 comments:

Goddard Family said...

So sweet...she is so beautiful!

Joy :) said...

So pretty! LOVE your Christmas card! GREAT pictures!!!