Thursday, February 17, 2011

When You've Got Kids....

There was a little saying that I guess my great grandpa used to say "When you've got kids that's all you've got" Only that is saying it much nicer then he used to say it. But I swear sometimes it is the truth. Kids seem to destroy everything. Case and point: I did some portraits of Lizzy and Nellie a few years back for Kevin and I wanted to do one for him of Janie too. So for his Valentines present I made one. It was one of those times where the drawing went effortlessly. I didn't have to keep redoing it because it didn't look right, it just flowed. It was a few days before valentines and I was almost done, and then Nellie brings it in to me looking like this:

She said that Jane had found it. That little stinker! My heart just dropped. I had spent hours and hours on it and now it was ruined. I bawled for a good hour over it. I was devastated. Kevin got home soon after and I had to tell him what happened because he could tell something was really wrong and he was really worried. Oh well life does go on. I did another one for him. It ended up looking pretty good, but it certainly didn't flow out the way this one had. I had to keep fixing things that just were not right. What I have learned is what is really important and that is my family and these precious little girls I have. Even if I don't have many nice things because they seem to destroy them I am a very rich woman because I have them.

2 comments:

Joy :) said...

If you only cried for an hour, that's pretty good! I can't imagine for how many days I would cry for! You are so talented Binny... in many ways!

Christen said...

You drew that?! Seriously Binny, you are stinkin' TALENTED. Sewing, baking, cake decorating and drawing portraits?! Good grief.

This is the exact reason why I don't plan on buying any "nice" furniture anytime soon. Mike mentions wanting something new and all I think about is the girls destroying it! I'm so sorry she did this -- what a stinker!