Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jumpers

I love jumpers on little girls. And they are super easy to make so I thought, hey why not make the girls each a cute jumper. The fabric store had the cutest corduroy on sale so we went and picked it out last fall and I was going to make them. Well I made Jane's around Halloween, but then I just couldn't get motivated to make the other two. Then I realized that out here it is pretty warm so they aren't going to want to wear them as long as they would in Kansas, so I better get cracking so I made Nellie's. All I had left was Lizzy's and she didn't seem all that excited about it. Lately she just is too grown up and doesn't want to have anything to do with little girl stuff. So I was worried she would think it was too babyish. So while I was cutting it out I asked her if she was even going to wear it, thinking she would say "Of course Mom!" even just to make me feel better, but I should know better coming from a 6 year old. She looked at it for a minute and said "I think maybe I will." So I was thinking "Great the kid isn't even going to wear it." But I finished it anyway and she was excited to wear it, thank goodness. I put them all in their jumpers for Sunday and I even did all of their hair the same that day. (Something I rarely do.) They looked so cute.

That Sunday Lizzy got the Spotlight in her primary and it said that she liked to sing, so they asked her if she would sing. I guess she sang a solo of "I am a child of God" for the Primary, and it is a big primary. I am just so sad that I didn't get to see it. I would have loved that. She is my little singer girl. It was funny because I asked her about it and she said " I was really shy so I sang it really loud." No Lizzy that is the opposite of shy, that is called loving the spotlight.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm totally laughing at cute Lizzy.."I was shy so I sang really loud" ha ha..such a funny girl :) CUTE jumpers too! I don't know how you sew stuff like that! We are getting so excited to see you guys too! let us know when you get the date set for sure!

Leavitt Family said...

Cute!!! I love it!! Brinlee looks like an orphan most the time because she will not wear the things that I pick for her and sometimes it is not worth the fight!!! Those jumpers are waaaay cute!!!! Little singer girl Lizzy she is such a performer!!!