Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nellie Belle

Oh how I love my little Nellie Belle. It is no secret thought that she gives me a run for my money. She has always had such a strong little personality. She doesn't want to be overlooked that's for sure.
Nellie turned five in July. Where does the time go really? I just can't believe sometimes how fast my little girls are growing up. In some ways I really want to freeze time and make them stop. I want them to stay little and so innocent forever. Another part of me is really loving the people they are turning out to be and the fun things we get to do together.

Nellie started kindergarten this year and she is doing so great! I really can't believe how well she is doing. It seems to have helped her to be not so crazy all the time and more happy. There have been far fewer fits from her. It has made me realize that with Nellie, she is the kind of kid that needs constant entertaining. She doesn't like to be bored and she has a hard time doing things on her own. I was really worried about Lizzy being in school all day everyday because that would mean that Nellie and Jane would be together without Lizzy to mediate. Nellie and Jane have not seemed to get along very well at all. But the amazing thing is, they have become such good friends. They play so well together now. It brings such joy to a moms heart to see something like that. Nellie has done such a good job at including Jane and sharing with her. Nellie really does have such a good heart. She loves to share her special animals with Jane, because Jane loves them so much too.

Nellie is doing amazing in school. She is so smart and is picking stuff up so quickly it is amazing. I noticed a huge difference in her writing in just one week, she is picking up reading so quickly too. It was funny the other day I was making dinner and Lizzy needed to do her spelling list and I heard Nellie reading the words to her. I asked her how she could read them and she just said "I sounded them out Mom," Like it was no big deal. She also has figured out addition completely on her own. She tell me all the time do you know what this plus this equals, and then she tells me and she is always right. Maybe she has her grandpa's mad math skills.
I do have to also note in here that Nellie is no longer into Jaguars and cheetahs like she used to be. I really didn't think that would ever happen but I guess she just needed to find a new obsession and she did. She is part of the teddy Bear class at school and she was the first kid to get to take home the class mascot Teddy for the weekend. Teddy did not leave her side. She loved him so much that when she had to take him back, she seemed fine that day but when she got home from school she went to her room and cried on her bed for over a half hour about how much she missed him. It was cute but a little funny too.

Nellie is so very excited for her little brother to get here. She is the one who will probably be sharing a room with him and she is so excited about it. We had to move her into her own bedroom because she would keep whoever was with her up until all hours of the night. And now that she is alone she is actually going to bed pretty darn good. I hope she does well with the baby in her room, we will see. She comes up everyday and rubs my belly and talks to the baby, so sweet.

We really love our little Nellie Belle, our lives would be so very dull without her in them. She challenges me to be a better and more patient mother and I appreciate that.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

We love Nellie Bell too! In fact we love all your cute girlies and can't wait to see baby boy when he gets here! We miss you guys!! Keep posting I love all the pictures!

Goddard Family said...

I am laughing because her and my sophie are two peas in a pod....putting her in her own room because she would keep her sisters up! Gotta love our middle child. xoxo

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

We love all of the pictures and we have the cutest grand girlies ever. And love them all so much. We can't wait to see them and the new little baby boy! We love you all and we are getting very excited to come to sunny Cali!