Monday, September 5, 2011

School Time

The girls started school again. Lizzy is in the first grade and Nellie started kindergarten. They were so thrilled to start and so was I. We had such a good time during the summer together, but the last couple of weeks they started to get bored and I was getting pretty tired of the constant entertaining that they seemed to need. We just needed structure again. I was also pretty excited about having Nellie gone in the afternoon and Jane down for a nap, so that at least for a couple of months (until little buddy comes) I actually get a couple of hours to myself, which hasn't happened in many years. So I will admit I have been really enjoying that. The night before school the girls decided they wanted curls for the first day of school and since I wasn't going to spend forever the next day curling with a curling iron, we put foam curlers in their hair. Janie decided that she too had to have them in her hair. So they went to bed and literally 2 minutes later Jane came out and said she wanted them out of her hair because it was hurting her head. And then about 5 minutes later Nellie came out and said the same thing. I am so glad I wasted my time putting them in in the first place, but that's life. Lizzy is the only one who could handle sleeping with them, mostly I think because she loves being all dolled up so much that she doesn't care about being uncomfortable to achieve it.

The next morning Lizzy was all ready to go, Janie had to be in the picture with her.


It is so weird to have Lizzy getting so big, losing her teeth and going to first grade. I look at her and can't believe how fast she is growing up.


We waited outside her classroom for the bell to ring, in California things are way more strict, so we weren't allowed to come into the classroom and take pictures, but that's okay. She is so big and so cute! She does so well at school, I don't worry about her at all. Her teacher seems really good too, she is a mom who stayed home with her kids, but now that they are grown she really wanted to be a teacher.


Nellie wore her green shirt. It wouldn't be right if her shirt wasn't green on the first day of school!

Again Jane had to be in the picture too, she couldn't miss out on the excitement. It's funny because she has a Dora backpack and lunchbox that came with it, and everyday we take Nellie to school she has to wear it too. So cute.


We luckily did get to go in Nellie's classroom and get her all settled in. Here she is by her cubby with her Diego backpack. She loves that backpack, but she came home the other day and told me she wanted a new backpack because some girls made fun of her having a boy backpack. Why are kids so mean even at a young age? So we are going to get her a new one.



Nellie has done so well at school! Thank goodness she is good for other people. Her teacher seems so good, she is so nice and Nellie really loves her. Nellie has already made her a note telling her she loves her. So sweet.


After the first day of dropping Nellie off, I was carrying Jane to the car and I said "Janie are you going to be my buddy?" and she said "No mom I am Jane!" she is so silly.

1 comment:

Joy :) said...

Cute, Cute pictures!!!! Enjoy a little peace and quiet! When are you due again? I'm so excited for you!!! :)