Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nellie's Birthday Bash

Since Nellie had never had a friend party before I decided that she really did need one. I am such a bad mom, I know some mom's love throwing birthday parties but I really don't. They just stress me out. I decided to keep it as easy as possible for me so we decided to do a water party. At first it was going to be a beach party but after we couldn't find any decorations that were inexpensive I decided to just go with green and Nellie decided she wanted pink too, she is really starting to branch out! She of course decided on a jaguar cake but after having a Diego cake two years ago and jaguar cupcakes last year I told her it wasn't going to happen. She ended up being pretty happy with her cake, although she told me she wished I had made the stripes go the other way. Leave it to kids!


The funny thing is that only about half of the kids wanted cake. I didn't realize that so many kids were so picky about stuff, how can you not like cake, especially as a kid! Lizzy was being her silly self and not realizing that what she was saying was rude and told me that it wasn't that they didn't like cake, they just didn't like the cake I made. Thanks Lizzy. Way to make your mom feel good.








The crazy thing was I thought a bunch of the moms would stay because they usually do, but my friend Alisa was the only one who did, so i am so grateful for her because I really needed the help. We did cake and presents first since we were doing water games and I didn't want a bunch of wet kids in my house, so it worked out good.













Nellie loved all the presents she got! I especially liked the slip and slide because it was the thing that ended up keeping all the kids occupied for the whole time, thank goodness.


Here was the line waiting for the slip and slide, it took most of them a while to figure out how to slide on their tummies but once they did it was a huge hit!


Nellie was very serious preparing for her turn. She was a natural at it and got to the end on her first try.


I love the little buns sticking out of her suit! Happy Birthday Nellie! I can't believe that my little preemie is now five!

1 comment:

Joy :) said...

Yay for turning 5!!! Very cute cake! That is one thing that always surprises me also with kids and cake. To me ALL cake is good!!! Hope all is well with you and your baby boy in the tummy!!!