Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Big Boy!




Its just too easy to get this baby to smile.  You don't even have to work for it.





I couldn't figure out what pictures I liked of him because he was so cute in all of them, so I just posted a bunch.



Time keeps speeding by faster and faster as the days go along. My little man is seven months old!  I really can hardly believe it!  I don't remember feeling like any of the girls grew this fast. Of course just like i keep saying over and over, it makes me a little bit sad to think about the time gone that I will never get back.  But that being said, I LOVE this little guy.  He is getting so fun!!
 I know last time I posted about him it was that he wasn't the easiest baby, well reverse that.  It all started when he was about 4 1/2 months.  He was getting so fussy!  I couldn't put him down without him crying, he hardly took naps at all, and when he did they were maybe 20 minutes.  He was waking up 2-3 times a night, it was just getting too much!  I knew that my milk supply had dropped just like it has with every baby around the same time.  But I was just holding on to the nursing thing.  I was trying everything: pumping, feeding often, drinking tons, taking supplements, and nothing seemed to work.  I was so sad!  I have desperately wanted to nurse my babies for a year and I haven't even come close.  Well finally I came to the decision that it just wasn't enough for him and he needed formula.  The day that I switched over to formula completely he slept through the night, he took 3 almost three hour naps the next day and he was so happy and content from then on.  Then he started packing on the weight.  He gained three pounds the next three months, which for one of my babies is unheard of.  The poor boy was absolutely starving to death. I really feel like there are times when it is not the right thing to continue to nurse your baby, regardless of what others may say, but that is just my personal opinion.

This little monkey has turned into a foodie.  Once he realized he wasn't starving anymore he got obsessed with food.  He has to be eating if we are and I have never had a baby that LOVES everything they try like him.  He will eat anything and he has quite the appetite. He is our little chunko.  Okay maybe he isn't compared to other babies, but for one of Kevy and my kids, he is huge!  At 6 months he was 27 inches and  16 lbs. 3 oz.  He still loves his bottle too.  When he hears me shaking it, he gets all excited to the point of starting to freak out, like "get me that bottle right now!"
Russ is so much like Lizzy as a baby it is kind of crazy.  They are almost identical.  He is so social and so happy.  He really has a smile for everyone and that is what everyone says when they see him.  "I have never seen such a smiley baby!"  I love it!  He is a talker too, he really loves to talk and make all kinds of noises with his mouth.  His newest is clicking and motorboating. Unlike the girls that said dada first, he said mama!  Yay!
He is so easy to put to bed, all I have to do is lay him in his crib and give him his fuzzy blue blanket (his favorite) and he pops his little thumb in his mouth and he is good to go.  The only problem is he really likes his bed, so that makes it a bit difficult when we are out because he doesn't like to sleep anywhere but his crib.  He is such a  mama's boy, I love it.
 One cute thing about him is that he is already showing signs of liking sports.  One day when I was feeding him (which he was way into) Kevin turned on a baseball game and he was glued.  He no longer wanted to eat, he was just staring at that game.  He also really likes balls, they are his favorite toys to play with, he even said ball today.
He has been sitting up really good for a month now, and is pretty content to just sit there, but he is starting to roll all around too.  He also when he is on his back will push off so he is only on his feet and his head and start moving around.  It is one of the strangest things I have ever seen a baby do.
He is so precious to all of us!  The girls are still just as in love with him as ever.  How fun it has been to add a little boy to our family.  We love our little Russ Man.  Now if we could just get him to stop getting bigger!

No comments: