Friday, May 25, 2012

Old Sacramento

 About 5 years back I went to the Asparagus Festival in Stockton with my mom and sister.  It was a lot of fun and I thought since Lizzy and Nellie obviously didn't remember it, and since Kevin didn't get to go, we should go.  So we were driving and had gotten just past downtown Sacramento and I thought I better check and see where I need to get off, so I looked it up on my phone and lo and behold it costs 10 dollars a person just to get in, and that doesn't count doing anything or getting anything to eat.  So obviously we weren't interested in spending that kind of money, so we turned around.  But with kids not being able to deal well with disappointment, we decided we better do something else.  So we took the girls to Old Sacramento.  We actually had a lot of fun.  There was a little schoolhouse for the girls to play in, and they thought it was pretty cool.  Then there were a bunch of fun shops to look at too. There was a candy shop that would let you come in and you could sample most of the candy for free, so that was kind of fun.  There is also a train to ride, but alas we couldn't afford that either.  Oh well the kids still had a good time.



 Our little monkey boy.  This kid is so sweet!  We just love him to pieces! He just chilled in his stroller the whole time.  He REALLY likes to go places and is super good when we are out.

 The perspective on this picture is not my favorite, seeing as I look larger than Kevin, nice!

 There is a giant river boat that is actually a hotel and Restaurant, the girls thought it was cool, but I guess Nellie didn't.  I just couldn't get her to give me a smile.

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

You guys always are finding ways to make memories with your kids. It looks like fun. Jane looks like a big school girl sitting in the desk. I bet they loved all the candy to sample too! Thanks for posting. Love you all!