Sunday, July 15, 2012

Life

I am having a really good summer with the kids.  I am really trying to make sure we are doing stuff so that they don't feel bored or watch too much TV, although sometimes it is hard to keep the TV off.  I found this cute recipe for sidewalk paint on Pinterest and the girls thought it was the coolest thing ever.  It is fun to do things a little out of the ordinary.  We had fun for a couple hours doing this.




 We have been having a ton of fun going to the library every week and checking out books and then having reading time.  That is one of my fondest memories of the summer is going to the library so I love that my girls like doing it too.
 Nellie is our little chef.  I really can't believe what an interest she has shown in cooking.  She is really good at it too.  My mom has been giving her lessons and she is starting to really know what she is doing.  She even showed me how she can crack an egg and she did it perfect.  It was so cute because she was so proud.
 She even likes making the salad, which is great because then I can just have her do it. That is by far my least favorite thing to make.
 Russell gets so messy with his food so obviously he gets a lot of baths and he LOVES to play in them.  He is such a water baby!  Janie loves them too and always asks every morning if she can get in with Russ.
 So the little monkeys learned how to do laundry one day.  I have been getting on them to stop putting clean clothes in the hamper, and they just kept doing it.  Well since a certain someone that I will not name has a problem with wetting her pants, the hamper is really stinky, and so those clean clothes get stinky and I have to wash them.  I am sure every other mother out there knows how that is one of those things that can just make you livid.  So I decided to teach them a lesson.  They spent the whole day one day doing the laundry.  And they did it all.  I made them sort and load and put the soap in and start it.  Well after loading and moving one load to the dryer they were all excited and said they LOVED doing this, its so fun.  Well I am sure you can guess that they changed their tune after all the folding.  Nellie was really unhappy about how long it takes to fold ALL that laundry.  Well duh!  I just hope that it did what I hope it did, and that I won't be seeing more clean clothes in the hamper again.
Lakeshore Learning Center has crafts on Saturday so I thought I would take the girls there to do it.  They didn't have as much fun as I hoped, so we may not do it again.  Love the Nellie face.  Nellie is really struggling to be happy lately.  I think she really needs the structure of school.  I am glad she is starting full time this fall.  I think she needs it.

No comments: