Saturday, October 26, 2013

Apple Hill

Oh how I love fall! Its my favorite! Probably the only thing that has been a little difficult about living here is that fall comes so late. Growing up in Utah I am so used to September being fall, and here we really don't get it until the end of October. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining because I seriously love pretty much everything about living here, this is just my only minor complaint. One thing about fall here that I love is going to Apple Hill. It is a fun little place on the way to Tahoe just past Placerville in the hills. I know I have posted about it before, but seriously I love that place. It is just so fun! We went up a couple of times this fall. The first time we went was a rainy day, which was actually really fun, becasue we usually go when it is so warm and sunny and this way we actually got to enjoy the hot cider, which we usuallydon't get to, and it was soo good! It was also fun to have so few people there. It is usually so crowded, so that was nice to have it be much quieter.

One of the biggest reasons for going up there are the apple donuts. They are seriously to die for! I swear I could eat 6 without even realizing it! My parents came up and went with us, and it is so fun for the kids to get to see them and spend time with them.

Russ enjoyed the donuts but then got sad because he tried the cider while it was really hot and spilled it and got really scared and started screaming. It was sad, but he was wearing his puffy vest so he didn't end up getting burned when he spilled it down the front of him, so that was a blessing.

While we were sitting in eating our yummy donuts it started pouring so hard and then hailing. This picture doesn't even do justice to how hard it was coming down. We were just glad that it happened while we were safe and sound in the warm building.

The window was open so Jane went and put her umbrella in front of it. Too funny. She is always trying to use that thing. She loves it so much and we justhaven't had that much rain since she got it, so any opportunity to use it she is all over it. She of course remembered her umbrella but forgot a jacket, lovely.

I got to carry this little lady around with me. She actually looks really chubby in this picture even though she is not chubby at all. It was fun to get to use the really pretty hat that Grammie made for her when she was born that she never got to wear because it was just too warm. It was a little small but it still worked.

The kids thought these crazy gourds were the funniest things they had ever seen.

The second time we went up it was a nice warm day, which was a good contrast because then the kids could play outside and enjoy the beauty that is there. There was this little tractor ride and Russ just loved it so much. He is soo obsessed with anything car or truck right now.

These little girls wanted me to take a picture of them in the little jail. They thought it was so funny.

There was a Lightening McQueen car to play in and Russ loved it.

There is a pond up there with fish in it and the kids want to go fishing every time. It is never going to happen. I am not about to come home with a nasty trout. Gross! You cant throw them back there so you have to take them if you catch them and I am not interested!!

 

No comments: