Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Labor Day

Our Labor Day wasn't too exciting this year. I took Lizzy to the movie in the morning because she has been such a good girl and we wanted to reward her for always helping us so much. We went and saw Percy Jackson because she has been reading the books and we had a really good time. It was fun to have a little date with my big girl and it really gets me excited about all my kids getting bigger and getting to spend time with them like that, where I get to be their buddy too, not just the person that takes care of them. When we got home I really wanted to take the kids to Old Sacramento because there was the Gold Rush days going on, but Kevy wasn't in the mood to take all the kids somewhere like that. If it were up to him we wouldn't take this rowdy crew anywhere, so I guess it is good that I push him a bit at times. So we didn't go anywhere and ended up staying home. The fun thing was that it ended up pouring rain that day and our cool neighbors who have two little boys let all the kids ride their power toys. The girls thought it was pretty dang cool.

Janie did pretty good at learning how to operate these things. She liked being like the big kids.
Lizzy looks like an eskimo here. :)

 

Russ was out of his mind thrilled when he woke up from his nap and saw that he got to ride in one of these cool trucks. It started pouring so hard after he came outside but he could have cared less. He was sopping wet but was soo happy and he didn't want to get out even after being in there for quite a while. It ended up being a pretty memorable Labor Day after all. It was fun too because we had soup for dinner and I made apple crisp and we watched a movie. Such a perfect end to the summer and start to the Fall, my favorite time of year!

 

1 comment:

Kristi said...

How fun, Russy looks so happy! I love the rain storms when its warm enough to play in it! We miss all those cute kids!!