Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Russy is Two!!

We celebrated Russy's birthday the week after his birthday with my extended family because Bryce and Mel and their boys were in town, so Grandma and Grandpa and Judy and Jim came over for the celebration as well. I can't believe that this kid is two!! He is so into cars lately that that is what he got for his birthday, lots and lots of cars! It is so fun to see him be so big and really start an obsession like every kid seems to at this age.

He got a really cool dumper thing with boulders that dump down into the truck from my parents. He has so much fun playing with it.

I have been a bit of a slacker in the cake department the last couple of years. I haven't made the kids a shaped pan cake in a while. I was going to make Russ the Lightening McQueen one but I decided he wouldn't even remember it, so I think I am going to wait until next year when maybe he will actually remember it. I did want him to have a fun cake though, so I dreamed this one up. I just used his McQueen and Sally cars and decorated it with grass. This is the first time I have done grass and although it makes it look really cool, it really was actually quite easy to do. He ended up loving the cake so it was great. The weird thing is that when we lit the candles he freaked out and acted all scared. After that we lit a fire in our backyard in a little pit we bought and he flipped out. I think maybe this boy needs to toughen up a bit. He has been around girls too much!

 

No comments: