Tuesday, November 5, 2013

All about Russ-2 years

I cant say enough about how I love this boy of mine!! He brings something so different to our family it is indescribable! He is all boy and we love that so much. He is so completely spoiled and so well loved by all of us. I absolutely adore each and every child that I have and my life would not be the same without each of them. It is so fun to have this little man in our home! I know how much Kevy loves him and how he feels like he has his own little special friend to do boy stuff with. All of the girls love having a brother so much and after growing up with 6 brothers I know how good it is for girls to have a brother to make them a little less crazy. Hopefully having 4 sisters will make Russ very understanding of the opposite sex.

Russ was born the happiest little man, he always had a big grin on his face. He was like the boy equivalent of Lizzy. Right around 16 months he got really grumpy and whiney and it was really hard to deal with him, but he is back!! Since moving to our new house he has been the happiest little kid. So full of life and energy. He has gotten really obsessed with Lightening McQueen and all the cars. He love love loves tractors and bulldozers and trucks of all sorts and he loves to drive by and see them working. He has gotten really good at talking and we are all enjoying listening to him say stuff. He loves to say Oh Buddy, and Oh boy, and he says to the girls all the time "stop it!" which is not my favorite because he has started saying it to me when I tell him to do something. He loves to have treats and another favorite phrase is "I want more chocolate." He definitely has a serious sweet tooth. He is a lot like his Grandpa when it comes to sweets so I think we picked a good name for him.

Russ loves all his sisters so much! I love when he calls their names. Russ loves his little sister Anne so so much.. He is always trying to give her hugs and kisses. He pretty much mauls her to death and I have never seen him be jealous of her at all, so that is nice. I really think the two of them being so close in age are going to be best buddies. He also still completely adores his Dad. He loves me and is so sweet with me but he is a total Daddy's boy. He would want Kevin every time over me. Thats okay because it really makes Kevin happy that his only boy loves him so much!

I just love this little face! He is so darn handsome!! Russ gives the absolute best bear hugs. I love when he runs up and squeezes me so tight and the way he says "mom!" when he does it.

At his 2 year appointment he weighed 26 lbs. (30th) and was 35 1/2 inches tall (80th) He is much bigger than the girls at the same age, so there seems to be a chance that he may have gotten a little bit bigger of genes than the girls. We can always hope! Although Kevy is a shorty and he couldn't be any more perfect so if Russ is short that will be great too!

He also is showing signs of liking sports as well. He loves hitting balls around with his little golf clubs and he know when Dad is watching ball on tv.

I had to get a picture of him watching the diggers. We go down to the end of the street and watch them and every time when I say it is time to go home, he cries and says " No! watch diggers!" We just really adore this crazy boy of ours! I am so glad I was blessed with him and that I get to be his mom!

 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute little Russ! He is such a happy, fun boy! Love you Russy!

Christen said...

There really is something so special about little boys, huh? Russ is such a cutie and he's lucky to have all those sisters!