Monday, January 13, 2014

Janie's 5th Birthday

I don't give my kids a birthday party every year, thank goodness! I feel bad that I hate giving them so bad, but I seriously do! They are one of the things that I dread the most as a parent. Thankfully this was an off year for Jane so we did a family party. We had Great Grandma, Judy and Grandma and Grandpa Hansen and uncle Joe come and help us celebrate.

Here is out little group. It is nice to have a little bit of family close to us for these occasions.

Janie was excited because Aunt Judy bought her some jammies and they were almost exactly like some that Nellie had gotten. These two are funny because they are really best of friends, worst of enemies.

These three are pretty close and I love it. I hope they stay that way!

Big surprise that Jane wanted a Frozen cake for her birthday. She got a book that had these little figurines in it for Christmas so it was actually really easy to make the cake. And it actually turned out pretty good. I love how excited the girls get about the cakes I make them. They aren't anything special but the kids think they are and that's all that matters!

Janie doing her usual funny smile. She is still going through a bit of an akward smile phase. She was so excited for her cake and she wanted blue candles becasue of it being Frozen.

I love celebrating my kids birthdays! It is so special and exciting to see them grow and turn into these big people full of personality. We love our Janie and just can't believe she is already five years old!

 

No comments: