Friday, May 2, 2014

Everyday happenings

I swear there is never a dull moment in this house with these crazy kids of mine. Especailly having little kids and watching them learn new things and the funny things they say. There is always something funny to try and remember to write down. I don't remeber everything, but this is my attempt at doing my best!

Kevy and I brought the girls home a TON of shells from the beach. The girls were so darn excited about it and they had a little dividing party where they divided them amongest themselves. They took turns youngest to oldest and picked a shell each until they had divided them all up. It w as really cute because they would really take their time deciding which ones they wanted. I think they took close to an hour to do it. It was so cute.
Russ has a serious obsession with his Dads tools. He has some play ones, but he knows the difference and he wants his Dad's real ones. He plays with them all the time and he is constantly "fixing" stuff, like his trucks especially. The other really funny thing is how he knows the names of all of the tools too. I can always hear him saying," my crescent wrench, my pliers, my hammer, my screwdriver." I really love watching him do his boy things, it is too fun!

Spring Break this year was not very exciting I hate to say. I tried to do a few things with the kids, but it wasn't anything very great. I wish we would have gone somewhere for at least part of it, but maybe next year. The last day I let them jump on the tramp with the sprinklers on. I felt a little guilty because of the drought, but we only did it for about 20 minutes.


I really thought that Annie would hate it, but she actually loved it, she loved being out with the kids and she loved getting wet on the tramp.

 

I love this picture of Russ with his Grandpa. He loves being out with the guys, either his Dad or his Grandpa helping in the yard. I love how patient my Dad is with him too. I know that he loves it as much as Russy loves it.

Oh that time of year again. Time to eat popsicles. They kids just love them and Russy can down them in seconds flat. I cant believe he never gets brain freeze becuase he eats them so fast!

Russy loves to be with his Daddy working in the yard. He has his little mower that he uses and I know he really thinks he is mowing too. when Kevy is weed wacking Russy doesn't have a pretend one so he uses his baseball bat as a weed eater. It really is too funny, He even makes the sound effect.

Russy has learned (thanks to Jane) how to scale the pantry and get wahtever he wants. I really need to get a lock for the pantry because he helps himself to everything! It gets a little frustrating!

One day I was getting ready for the day and I came into the kitchen and I found Russy on a chair at the the counter hacking away at this gaint block of cheese. With a giant knife!! He just decided that he wanted cheese so he would help himself. I really believe that there are angels watching over little childern. How else would they survive!?

Annie loves baby dolls! I think it may be just about the sweetest thing ever! The other girls never showed a huge interest in them, but we do have a few and so Annie has found them and she carries them around the house with her. I love it so much. She kisses them and hugs them too.

We went to a splashpad with friends one day and it is Annie first experience with it. She acted pretty much how I thought she would. She just stood there and I thought she didn't like it, because she didn't really get into the water, but once I tried to take her away she got really mad at me.

Russy took a few mintues to warm up to it, but once he did he was a wild man. He is such a boy I love it so much!

I thought it was so funny because he went to check out one of the fountains that was turned off and it turned on right when he stuck his face there. Thankfully he didn't freak out about it though.

The little train ride was free that day at the fountains so after I got them out of their swimsuits we went and rode the train. Russ of course loved it. A friend stayed with Anne, because right after I took this picture she was trying to climb out the window. She is such a busy butt!

Here we have miss busy britches herself! She has learned how to climb on everything so she is a little monkey now. No fear, just trying to climb on everything and dance around. She defintely has become much more like Lizzy then Jane.

It is so fun to have kids that are a little bigger now. I got to go with Lizzy to her activity day, because it was a mother daugther one. It was so fun to be with this girl. She is so much fun to be around. I love talking and laughing with her. I love being a mom!

 

No comments: