Sunday, May 25, 2014

The End of the School Year

Its amazing how fast this school year went by! I swear that it had just started and the next thing we knew it was over! I have a feeling that I am going to be feeling like that every year though. How is it that kids grow so fast! I am trying my hardest to really enjoy these small moments because they are so fleeting, and over so very fast! As hard as it is to care for these little people, at the same time I am desperate for them to stay little and not grow up!

Every school year's end we go to the school to see all the work the kids have done over the year. It is so cute because they are so excited and proud to show us their work.

We went into the big multi-purpose room and there is this big wall of pictures of kids from P.E. They have pictures up of all the kids that hit the milestones of 20 miles of running over the year and it was 4 boys and LIzzy. They never took her picture because she had a doctors appointment that day but it was cool to see that she was the only girl. Then a few days before the end of the year she ended up being the only one in the school to make the 25 mile club, and she is in third grade, and a girl to boot! She said the P.E. teacher told her she was the best runner in the school, and I believe it! She has it in her blood, and I love to see that she loves it so much!

We took Nellie's picture next to one of her art projects, she did such a good job. She is quite a good little artist. We didn't get a picture of Lizzy next to hers because she couldn't tell which one was hers, which I thought was really funny, but it just goes to show each kids personality.

Nellie was given the assignment of making another diorama for a dinosuar this time. We are the bad parents that just used the one from the year before and changed a few things in it. We added a volcano and a tree. We just waited until the last minute and Nellie was okay with it, so oh well. I just get so tired of these kinds of assignments. Maybe if I didnt procrastinate it wouldnt be so bad. But of course I kept saying we have plenty of time, and kept delaying it until all of a sudden it was the night before it was due and we hadn't done it yet. Mom fail.

Jane had her end of the school year program. I love going to see her sing. She gets into the singing the way that LIzzy did when she was little. It is so cute. My favorite was Take Me Out to the Ball Game. She belted it out like a pro! Kevy was so proud!

This was what we were dealing with the whole time. These two are at the worst stage right now for things like this!

Jane is moving on to Kindergarten this fall! I can't believe my Janie is that big! So sad! We are also so sad to say goodbye to Miss Patty, she is the best teacher ever and Janie has loved her so much! She keeps telling me she doesn't want to go to kindergarten because she doesn't want to leave Miss Patty. We will definitely have to have Russy go there, because he is already talking about Miss Patty.

 

No comments: