Monday, June 2, 2014

Memorial Day

Kevin decided to work on Memorial Day this year so that he could use that day for our trip out to Utah for the wedding. So it wasn't quite as fun as it could have been if he had been with us. But we did have a good time going and visiting the graves and then going out to breakfast with my parents and brothers. Although I misunderstood and thought we were going to breakfast first so the kids were dying of hunger and I myself was on the grumpy side from low blood sugar. We ended up being so close to lunchtime that we went to a little cafe that was by Kevins work and he was able to join us!

I love that my grandparents and great gandparents and relatives are buried there so that it makes it more meaningful when we get to go see them.

Russ and Anne had fun just walking around and exploring. Annie was wearing her little necklace that she is so attached to right now. She is so cute becuase she is so into jewelry and shoes right now. She will try and wear her sisters flip flops and gets so mad when they don't stay on her feet. Anne also stepped in a little canister that they have near the graves for holding flowers. They never fully dry out and so they are full of this nasty disgusing water. It was awful because her little foot and sandal seriously smelled like death and were smelling up the whole car. I washed her foot off with my wipes that had alcohol in them but it didn't really help. The smell was horrible. We kept calling it the death foot and her death shoe. I took it home and soaked it in bleach water for a couple of hours and it still smelled! When it happended I felt a little stressed about it but my mom pointed out that it was just one of those things that we will always remember, and its true, we will always remember Annie and her death shoe!

Later that day we came home and some of our friends came to visit that moved to Utah a couple of years ago. It was fun for the kids to have fun with them and have an afternoon together.

 

No comments: