Friday, June 20, 2014

Monterey Aquarium

The craziest most awesome thing happened when we got to the Aquarium. We all parked somewhere different and we were just meeting at the front entrance for everyone to get there. I thought McKay walked up next to me and put his arm around me and said "Hey Binny", so I said "hey Buddy" and I looked up and I saw Fred my brother Jarom's baby, and Jarom not Mckay. It took me a minute to realize what was going on. Jarom and Kristen and their three little kids had just driven the last three days straight from Texas to surprise us! It was freaking amazing! We hadn't seen them in over two years and I really didn't know when we were going to get to see them again. I don't know if I would have been that brave to drive that kind of distance with little kids. It truely was the coolest thing ever!

We did have a good time at the aquarium and it was fun to see alll of the different things that we have never seen in person before, but I don't know if I would do it again with super little kids like Anne's age. The whole time she was really grumpy because she was tired, but she was totally unwilling to fall asleep. Russ was being kind of a beast too, so Kevin had to spend all of his time trying to keep him happy. But if the big girls had fun with their cousins and enjoyed seeing the stuff then it was totally worth it.

The only thing I really got a picture of was the Jelly Fish, I'm not really sure why I didn't take a pictureof anything else, I think just because it is the pictures of people that you actually want to see.

A bunch of the little cousins minus the big boys who were too cool and the babies.

Russ did enjoy sitting on Kevys shoulders. We always know that he can put him up there if all else fails.

Annie was so darn tired and I thought that if I put her in the bjorn faciing me and just walked around enough, that she would eventually fall asleep, well no such luck. That little girl is soo darn stubborn! She refused to even lay her head down even for a second. So Kevy decided to lay her down in the stroller andjust started walking around. The great part was that she eventually ended up falling asleep on the walk down to Bubba Grumps where we had dinner and Kevy and I were actually able to enjoy our dinner without a little crazy monkey triying to climb all over everything!

Little Ruby was such a little doll and it was so fun to see her as a big girl instead of a baby like the last time we saw her.

It was funny how everyone was staring at us like we were such a big group, to us it felt pretty small compared to how it can be when a bunch of us get together. Maybe it was the twelve little kids that eveyone was looking at, I guess that isn't too common of a sight, ha ha.

Kevy and I trying our hand at a selfie. We don't ever take them so we really dont know how to do it very well.

The kids liked sitting over at their own table.

Russ and Jerry had a good time together. Even though Jjerry is a couple years older they got along pretty well.

Annie looked so sweet asleep in her stroller, she ended up getting a decent nap for sleeping in a really loud restaurant.

The restaurant was right on the ocean so that was really fun.

It was so fun to see Jarom and Kristen! It is so hard sometimes with everyone living so far away and we rarely get to see them, but I am glad that when we do see each other it is always such a good time.

 

 

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

What a fun surprise!! Looks like you had lots of fun. I love how Russy is bare foot:) So fun to hang out with cousins and family and make wonderful memories.