Wednesday, August 20, 2014

All About Nellie- 8 years

 

Nellie has really blossomed lately. I sense a real desire to do good and be good in her. It is amazing to me that she is already 8! I constantly say it, but where did the time go? How is this spunky girl already this old? Nellie is so sweet. She has that super stong will in her that makes dealing with her sometimes very difficult, but lately I have noticed that she has really tried hard to act differently and not go to crazy town when things don't go her way.

Nellie has been looking forward to her eighth birthday for a really long time. In fact as soon as Lizzy turned eight Nellie wanted to be eight too! For her birthday I took her to get her scriptures that we give the kids for their baptism. We had already gotten her an early birthday present becuase she needed a new bike really bad a few months ago. You would think that most kids wouldn't be that excited about getting a new set of scriptures, but not Nellie, she was thrilled! She loves her scriptures soo much! I love to see that. She even loves to sleep with them at night becuase she feels safer with them.

Nellie loves her siblings so much! She and Jane are the best of friends worst of enemies, but they also play so well together. She also loves Russy and Annie so much! She loves to try and take care of them and help them.

Nellie is soo into her treats. I would think one of these years I would write that Nellie isn't as into sweets as she used to be, but I don't think that is ever going to be the case! I know that all I have to do to get her to really feel the consequences of something is take away her treat. She will try and give me other options but I am no dummy! I know the thing that will have the most impact on her to change a behavior is taking away that treat.

Another thing that Nellie is really into right now is listening to primary music when she goes to sleep. i dont know why all my kids seem to get so scared at night time, but they all do, and the thing that helps Nellie is listening to primary music. She has the CD in her room of all the primary program songs and she puts it in every night. I love it too because she has such a beautiful voice and I can her her singing along with all of the songs.

Nellie tries really hard to be a helper to me but it just isn't in her like it is with Lizzy, Nellie wants to help if it issomething that she decides she wants to do. When I tell her that her helping pick up the messes she makes is the biggest help she just gets bugged because that is what she doesn't want to do. She is kind of a slob and her room is always so messy, but trying to get her to clean it is like pulling teeth. She throws her biggest fits about having to clean her room.

Nellie is a lot like me in that she doesn't really know a lot of the time what she likes to do and wants to do. I think she struggles sometimes being a younger sister to Lizzy because Lizzy always seems so sure of herself, but their relationship reminds me so much of mine with my older sister Chanelle. Lizzy is Chanelle and Nellie is me. I find a lot of peace in that because I feel like I figured out what my gifts are and my Nellie will too.

Nellie is doing so well in school. What a blessing! She is such a good little reader and is really taking off in that! She is so smart and I love to see her so happy to go to school everyday. She comes home and does her homework on her own everyday without me asking her. She has a new little friend in the ward that also goes to school with her. I am so happy that she now has a friend that also shares her same beliefs.

Nellie is such a speical girl that we are so grateful to have in our home! She blesses our lives so much and we love her so much!

 

No comments: