Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Fun Part 2

As part of our summer activities we tried to use up some of the free coupons the girls got by doing the summer reading program at the library. One night for family night we went to get frozen yogurt, and there was a nice little seating area where there was a waterfall, the kids loved playing by it of course!
Lizzy is my ultimate poser
Russy is not very adventurous around water, he is more on the cautious side, which is fine by me because then I have daredevil Annie.

She thinks she needs to see everything that is going on up close and personal.

Unfortunately I don't think that this scared Annie at all. She is still a total stinker who thinks she is as big as her sisters and can do whatever they do! She sure is a fiesty one!

Russy always liked to go outside and water the gordon as he called the garden. I think he got that from watching Thomas the Train. He also always called the hose the firehose and he liked to water anything he could find. Hence the picture of him watering the truck!

We had a fun time growing a garden this year. It did alright, there definitely wasn't an abundance, but we did enjoy having some fresh veggies from the garden.

My little gals didn't really help that much in the garden but what do you expect form kids.

This was by far our best day of picking. We especially loved the cherry tomatos and Annie loved them more than anyone. She would sneak out in the back and go eat them off the bush. She would even eat green ones thats how much she loved the tomatoes.

One day the girls pulled out this stroller and Anne thought riding in it was the coolest ever, so much so that she wouldn't get out but she would squeal if they didn't keep it moving.

We had fun celebrating Grandpas birthday, we got him a Dodger cake that was so cool, but it made just a bit of a mess with the blue and red frosting.

Another afternoon activity we did was playing with shaving cream. The kids really enjoyed this one, Jane told us all about it because it was something that she did in Miss Pattys place, so she kept saying this is how Miss Patty did this..

As you can see this is an activity that Russy really enjoyed a lot. He got his cars going in it and then decided that wasn't enough he needed to paint his face with it as well.

We used our Dairy Queen coupons form the library and got ice cream cones, but that is the last time I go to Dairy Queen! They chaged over two dollars a cone. I had coupons for 2 so i thought no big deal I will buy three, becuase I knew there was now way I was getting away with not getting one for Miss Anne. well it cost almost 7 dollars for the three child size cones! What a joke! We went and hung out at one of the older parks and it was actually really nice because there were so many big trees that there was a lot of shade and it was much more enjoyable to play.

One sunday afternoon Russy was outside playing in the back when we heard him scream like we have never heard. It was so sad. We ran out there and realized he had gotten stung by a bee or hornet on his ear. We tried to calm him down while I began trying to look up home remedies. I found one that said toothpaste and it seemed to be the easiest one so we gave it a shot and it worked like a charm. He immediately stopped crying and was fine after that. Of course he did have to have a bandaid on it just like every kid has to have.

My little stinker baby is such a monkey! She got so crazy over the summer and started climbing on everything!! She figured out how to climb on the table and I was constantly finding her up there!

Annie has found an obsession with rocking toys. She loves them! She has her little pony at home and she goes to town on it! She is also with us in the Nursery and she loves to ride this one there as well.

Roseville is really good at having a lot of activites to do with the kids. One week was truck week and down at the library there was a different truck eack day that you could go down and see and sit in and they would also show demonstrations how they worked. We went down a couple of days, because Russy is seriously into trucks. The kids got to dress in the gear as well.

I even got up in the truck. It is crazy how high up they actually are!

Even little baby girl got the gear on!

It took Russy a while to actually want to wear the stuff but he eventually did. Such a cute boy.

Another day we went down and they actually had the hats you could take home with you, which Russy was pretty happy about.
One of the things that I knew I had to do this summer but was dreading like nothing else was a lemonade stand. The girls have been begging for the past couple of years to do one and I have just made excuses because I just didn't want to do it. I didn't know how it would go over, I was worried they would be disappointed etc. But I knew i just had to bite the bullet and do it. They wanted to do it on a busy street and I told them no, they had to do it in front of our house so I knew they probably wouldn't get too many customers. But I made some homemade cookies thinking that would help draw some people. It ended up being totally fine. They didn't have tons of customers but they had enough that they thought it was pretty cool and they actually made eighteen dollars. So overall it was a great day.

I found out I was pregnant with about a month left of summer so I was a bit worried about how the end of the summer was going to go especailly since it is usually hard anyway and then add in not feeling well and I was really worried. It ended up being pretty good. The girls were so sweet one day that I wasn't feeling well and I came out to this. They had a made me up a little bed with books and stuff and they left me this cute note. Lizzy is the one behind it all, she is such a sweet girl always trying to make me happy and serve me. I sure love these kids of mine.

There are some cement slides nearby that we have been to before and the kids have just loved them but the last time we went they were covered in dirt and didn't work that well. So this time when we went the kids were surpirsed at how fast they were. Plus if you bring cardboard to slide on it goes way faster so it was a blast. Russy loved it but Annie wasn't too sure about it and got really worried going down. Jane even had a blast doing it too. It is something we will have to do again soon.

We had a great summer! I loved spending time with my kids and doing activites with them. I hope they can look back and see that I tried really hard to help them have a good summer!

 

 

 

 

No comments: