Friday, August 29, 2014

The First Day of School 2014

It was sure great to start school again! Even though we had a great summer it was just time to go back!! Since it is so warm here for so long we don't usually do much school shopping, but we do like to get the girls at least one new outfit that they can wear on the first day of school and of course new shoes.

The girls got to find out their teachers the night before and Lizzy and Jane both got the ones they wanted and Lizzy even had her best friend in her class too! Nellie didn't have a specific teacher she wanted so it was all good. The night before was like Christmas Eve the girls were so excited they could barely sleep and Lizzy especially was up really late.

the next morning Lizzy woke up feeling nauseous. I really thought it was lack of sleep and anxiety because there was also a bit of drama with one of the girls that was going to be in her class, so I tried to get her to go, but she decided not to. It was so sad that she missed the first day of school because she was really looking forward to it. Sure enough later that day she was feeling fine and was so mad at herself for not going. Nellie and Jane were really excited to get to school. I really dread the whole first day of school thing because there are a million parents and no place to park so I have to park blocks away, then I have to find a way to deal with the babies while getting the big kids and all their supplies to the classes etc. It is a nighmare!

 

 

Nellies teacher is really nice and I could tell immediately that she would be a good fit for Nellie.

Jane was exctied to wait in line with the other kids and I asked her if she was nervous and she said uh no! Like I was such a weirdo for asking. She also told me that she thought she might be the tallest in her class, which was pretty cute becuasee she may just be the shortest in the class.

I got Jane all settled into her class and then I was thinking "Ok we can go now right?" but none of the parents were making any attempt to leave. It was ridiculous. There are too may helicopter parents and I just want to say to them "you aren't helping your kids! Cut the cord and let them figure stuff out on their own. They will be fine!"

The next day Lizzy woke up and she said she felt a little nauseous again, but I made her go becuase I knew it was just anxiety she was feeling. She went and ended up being just fine and things even got straightend out with her friend.

 

No comments: