Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter 2016

Every year there is a community Easter egg hunt at our local park.  I like to take the kids because its always fun to do something out of the ordinary on a Saturday.  Kevin didn't end up coming with me because he was doing work form home and Clara was napping. We showed up right at 10 because every other year we have gone the hunt was immediately, but this year they didn't start the hunt until 11 so I got to wait around an hour in the cold.  Okay, okay it wasn't that cold, but it was a bit breezy and I am a wimp.  



 Once it was finally time for the hunt to start Russ and Annie were excited to get to go.  I tried to direct on the best way to do it,to stay in one spot and get all the eggs in that spot, but once they ring the bell they just start wandering and can't seem to focus and only end up with a few eggs.  But really who cares as long as they have fun.
 It was fun to spot our fiends from the ward the Waites.




 I used to make Easter dresses for the girls but the last four years I have just been way to busy to find the time to sew much.  I am hoping to pick it back up when the kids are all in school because I do really miss it.  So my parents were kind enough to buy the kids Easter clothes.  They all looked so cute, but this picture was the best I could get out of the approximately 35 I took.  It was pretty cold that morning and windy too and the kids were all a little grumpy so I am going to call this a win.


 Just like I do every year I never seem to find a time to color easter eggs until the last minute and this year didn't disappoint.  The good thing was we have 9 o'clock church, so we had plenty of time when we got home to do some egg coloring.
 Russ was having a severe meltdown when we were trying to get him to come join the fun so I had to get a picture of it, because he was freaking out about his blocks not staying together.  He did end up joining in after we got that taken care of. Haha! 

 I always think I am boiling a ton of eggs and then I ended up going so fast that we wish we had done more, but that is what happens when you have five kids doing it.  They only end up getting to do a few each.  Just wait until we add one more little monkey to the fun.

 Grandpa and Grandma came over to join us for the festivities and have dinner with us. Grandpa is always so great to play with Russ and Anne and they seriously adore him. I love it.  He played the game that he played with me and my siblings when I was young where we would lay in a row and then he would lay on top of us and we had to try and get out.  They loved it too.
 Grandpa even played babies with Annie and helped her get them dressed and put to bed.
 After dinner it was time to do the egg hunt.  The kids decided again this year to have an egg hunt rather than the Easter Bunny visiting, which is fine by me.  Kevy and I hid them in the backyard and then this year we let them go out one at a time youngest to oldest and do the hunt.  It kind of ended up being a little unfair to Lizzy because the kids had almost cleaned out by the time she got out there, but she is a good sport.  





Grandma ended up missing pretty much e whole thing because she was gone taking meals to people forever, but it was nice to have Grandpa around.  We are sure going to miss them when they move next year and we are all on our own out here. 

No comments: