Saturday, April 2, 2016

All About Clara- 1 Year


Oh my goodness do I love this sweet baby!  It really doesn't even feel like she is the same baby that was so darn hard that I almost didn't make it.  She is just the most fun, sweet little girl there is.  I think maybe partially she knows she is the sixth so she is pretty content to just hang out.  She is a very good passenger in the car, which of course is amazing.  She absolutely loves her siblings and really loves the attention that they give her.  The oldest three especially love their baby sister.   She really adores them and especially Lizzy.  It truly is amazing to really have felt that completeness once Clara arrived in our home.



 She is gotten so busy, and right before she started walking she started walking around on her knees.  It really was quite an interesting sight.  She got really hard to take pictures of too because of her busyness and because any time I pulled out my phone she thought she needed to have it.
  Clara started walking at about 12.5 months and ever since she has gotten infinitely more busy.  Church has gotten unbearable as has taking her shopping, because she is no longer content to ride in the cart or be held.  No she has to be down walking on her own, doing her own thing.  It is so frustrating at times and I have to say it is the hardest thing about this age. 


I have always had great eaters but I honestly don't know if any of them could rival this girl.  She is amazing how much she can pack down.  And I love how I can give her anything that we eat and she will eat it. The funny thing that she will not eat though is dry cereal.  I try and give her a handful and she just turns her nose up at it.  She wants real food.  She absolutely loves fruits and veggies.  She will eat all of them, I cant think of any that I have given her that she hasn't just scarfed down.
One thing that absolutely drives me nuts is that she paints her entire body when she eats.  And it is getting worse!  She immediately starts rubbing her hair with food when she gets her hands covered in food.  I am not kidding that it is every. single. meal. I bather her daily but honestly she really needs three baths a day.  I mostly have to ignore the filthiness of her hair because I will literally have just bathed her an hour before.   




 I realize that these pictures are all about the same, but I just loved her face in each one and I couldn't decide which one I liked the most.

One of the funniest things about Clara right now is that she loves to sit in this dolly stroller and let her siblings push her around the house.  She will sit there forever even if they aren't pushing her around.  I think she loves it because it is a little seat just for her.






My good friend Amy asked me of Clara could be a model for her for a teething toy. Of  course I said yes, and she also took a bunch of other pictures at the same time since it was around her first birthday. They are all so good! I feel so lucky to have a friend that will take such awesome pictures for me. I love this one because we were asking her to fold her arms and that is one of Clara's big tricks,  if she sees someone folding their arms for a prayer, or if you say "fold your arms"  then she immediately does it. It is pretty much the cutest thing EVER!










I just adore all of these pictures and I am so grateful to Amy for taking them for me.  She captured Clara's personality so perfectly!
I am SOOOO very grateful that Heavenly Father had one more sweet spirit to send our family.  I just don't know what I would do now without this beautiful girl in my life!  I love her so much!



No comments: