Sunday, July 31, 2016

Hansen Family Reunion

 I could seriously write pages and pages about this trip that we took. We planned a trip with the Hansen side where we rented a house in Southern California.  We spent about four days together and even though we didn't do a ton of activities I don't think we could have had any more fun than we did. The house that we rented had the most amazing pool and a beautiful huge back yard and bunch of bedrooms and a big kitchen.  It was just perfect for us.  I was in charge of the meals because I love to make food and I know how stressed out my mom gets about having to do food, so I thought there would be the least amount of stress if I just took it over. I did end up getting a couple of complaints about a couple of things from some grumpy people who will remain nameless but other than that it ended up being great and we ate great food for very little money. The kids pretty much lived out in the pool for almost the whole time we were at the house.  They were like little fish!  As soon as they got up in the morning they were out in the pool and they went from the pool to bed.
  I wish I had gotten more pictures but honestly I spent a good portion of my time in the kitchen.  But feeding people and showing my love to them through food is one of my favorite things to do. And everyone told me how much they enjoyed the food so it made it all worthwhile.
 I feel so grateful that Chanelle had Lucy!  Its so fun for my two little girls to have a little cousin that they are close to. These three had a great time together and I think it is just a shadow of things to come.
 One of the days we went to the beach and although I didn't have the greatest time, if I am being honest.  Maybe one day when I don't have tiny children anymore that I have to watch like a hawk! The kids had the greatest time! I don't know what it is about kids and the beach but they love it!
 Thankfully Russell and Annie wore their floaties the whole time so that at least made my anxiety a little better.





 This was the kids attempting to make a little lake, but the waves just made that impossible. They had fun trying anyway.
 I just couldn't resist this picture.
 Luckily Clara wasn't really that brave and stayed away from the waves for the most part.
 These four sure had the greatest time together. Watching my kids have something that I wished so much I had in my childhood but didn't makes me so happy. They are really the best friends with their cousins!
 Back when I didn't even know about he dab.  How ridiculous am I!?
 I sure do have fun being with this guy though. I just cant get sick of him no matter how much time we spend together.


 Annie loved being with Grandpa. She loves to crawl up on the couch and sit with him.
 Russ kept finding his buddy Harvey and McKay too. I just thought this picture was darling.

 Russell and Annie became the best most fearless swimmers on this trip. It was crazy how much they grew in that department.

These three were just so cute together.

No comments: