Monday, August 1, 2016

Nellie's 10th Birthday

I know some kids struggle when they have a birthday that falls in the summer, and while I don't know what that is like it seems like a pretty amazing deal to me!  I mean you don't have to go to crappy school on your birthday and you get to play the whole day, and if you are Nellie more often than not you get to have your birthday with your cousins! I mean how cool is that!  Plus this birthday Nellie got to go to the beach!
My Nellie is 10! Wow! We were on our big family trip for Nellies birthday but we made sure that we still celebrated our girl. we went to the beach early in the day and then came back and the kids just swam nonstop until dinner.  We made her favorite, Salmon for dinner and she had gotten it into her head that she really wanted a Black Forest cake for her birthday cake, even though she hadn't ever had it. I guess she thought it sounded good.  

 I happened to find this picture while going through all the pictures and sure enough she took it on her birthday.  Its fitting too that her best buddy Max is in the picture too.
 And it was good!  It ended up being a super good cake.  As you can see she got out of the pool just long enough to have her cake and then she was right back in the pool again. Ha Ha!

No comments: