Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Swimming

Every year it seems we spend a good amount of time swimming.  It was something that I spent the majority of my summer doing and I am glad my kids love to as well. This year I thought it was going to be much better and easier.  I thought now that the kids were getting older we would have so much fun.  Unfortunately I didn't count on Clara absolutely hating it.  The first few weeks of swimming were absolute torture with her.  She would cry and whine and cling to me, even at the Roseville pool that was really warm and zero entry.  What's not to like about that?!  I almost dreaded taking her swimming because I couldn't even sit down in the two inches of water and have her sit on my lap and be happy.  It was really frustrating!  On the other hand the other kids absolutely loved it and everyday weren't happy when it was time to go home. Jane did have a bit of a hard time because she couldn't quite keep up with Nellie and Lizzy but she was too big for Russy and Annie. The other thing that absolutely drives me nuts about swimming is that everyone just has to have goggles but yet they cant seem to keep track of them and that somehow becomes my fault.  There are meltdowns and crying before we head to the pool because inevitably someone cant find their goggles.


 It was fun to get to go to a few different pools too for the big girls who like the change of pace.
 Annie loved wearing her puddle jumper when we went to other pools and is so good at getting in and just paddling around all on her own.
 Clara did look super cute in her little suit though, I'll give her that! 
 By the end of the summer she had gotten to where it was quite a bit more tolerable which was good.  It was fun too because Kevy was able to come with us quite a few times this summer which he never really got to before.

 Probably one of my very favorite things about swimming this year was seeing Russ and Annie together.  They played so well together! It was the cutest thing.  Russ would give Annie rides and they would hang out together.  It made my life a whole lot easier since they were so happy and content. They were really funny too with their goggles and would wear them so they could stick their faces in the water.
 Being a mom is so much fun!  It's so fun to see these kids as the grow and turn into the funniest, coolest people. I adore them!.



No comments: