Saturday, August 20, 2016

The First Day of School

What a crazy first day of school we had!  I am a little worried that if this whole school year is this busy then I am going to be dead by the end of it!  We started by getting the two Junction girls off to school. I rode bikes with them so that I could take pictures.  Luckily Lizzy doesn't go until later so I could leave the little ones at home and not have to drag them with me. 

 Nellie was in fifth grade this year and this is the first year that she got to be in the same class as her best friend Kennedy.  She was disappointed that she didn't get Lizzy's teacher from the year before Mrs. Donahue, she got Mrs. Cochran . But I think having your best friend in your class is pretty dang awesome!
 Janie is in Mrs Carr's class and she is in the same class as one of her good friends Trinity so she is excited about that too!



 I got home form taking the girls in time to see Lizzy off to her first day of middle school. Luckily she wasn't wanting me to take her, she is too big for that now, and I am glad about that.  I don't want my kids to feel too attached to me. She was really excited about starting middle school and I am excited for her too! I just hope it doesn't get too crazy for her!
 Russ started TK today too.  The bad thing is that our school is too crowded to have TK so we have to drive to a school that is about 10 minutes away.  It sounds like that's not a big deal but it really adds a lot of time to my day.  But the greatest thing to come out of him going to TK at Blue Oaks, is that the first day we showed up to meet the teacher and it just so happened to be his preschool teacher Miss Mandy that he adored!  What luck!  We were so excited!  We had no idea that she was going to be a TK teacher! I also love in this picture how Annie had to wear her new shirt and backpack. Poor girl wanted to go to school too!

It ended up being the craziest day, but its so fun to see all these kids growing up and getting so big!

No comments: