Monday, January 9, 2017

Jane's Birthday

 Jane's birthday fell during Christmas Break for us this year, so that meant no school for her, but it also meant she got to have a special lunch date with mom and Dad and no one else since Lizzy was home to babysit the little ones.  It was such a fun thing to do that we decided that its our new tradition to take the kids out for their birthday and if it falls during school then we will check them out of school. the kids are pretty excited about it.  Jane and I went and picked up Kevin and we went to our favorite pizza place Trademark and she even got her own pizza!The kids have recently decided that for the most part they would rather pick out their stuff then have us do it and wrap it, so I took Janie shopping after lunch and she got a bunch of little things that she wanted like a stuffed pig Pua from the movie Moana and I got her a special little dessert at Raleys. I think she ended up really enjoying her special day.  One funny thing though is that when we got home Nellie was freaking out and kept saying, "I'm very jealous right now!"  haha!

 The next Sunday I made her birthday cake so that Grandma and Grandpa and Judy and Jim could come over.  Janie is a huge fan of oranges so she had asked for an orange cake. I looked and looked online for a recipe that sounded good and nothing was sounding that good so I decided to make up my own.  I even learned how to candy orange slices only to realize that no one liked them and they are not something I would do again.  Oh well, I guess they worked well for the decoration. The cake itself was really good though. I have learned over the years that I can make pretty much anything better than I can find it elsewhere.


Grandma and Grandpa got Jane a spirograph, which was the perfect thing for our little artist.

No comments: