Monday, July 9, 2007

Independence Day

The Fourth this year was an interesting experience for us. We decided to go down to a town called Junction City, becuase they have a huge celebration, with a carival and all kinds of shows and booths. We went with our friends the McCall's. Jeff McCall works nights so we decided to go in the afternoon after he had gotten some sleep. We left aroung 1:30 and it is a little over an hour drive. It was a beautiful day, but when we got there, off to the west were very black clouds. We thought maybe it wouldn't get us, but over the next five minutes it dropped about 20 degrees and the wind started to pick up. The black clouds rolled in really fast and they were looking a bit scary. WE looked up and the clouds were actually rotating. Not a good sign. Someone said that a funnel cloud had been spotted nearby. We decided to hightail it back to the car and no sooner than it started to pour. So then we took the kids to McDonald's becuase not much was open and they were hungry. So I am thinking "Great we drove all the way down here to go to McDonald's." But after eating the clouds started to clear, so we decided to go back. I am sure glad that we did because Lizzy had a blast.


She wanted to go on the Tilt-a-whirl with her friend Bethanie, I thought she would be scared but she giggled and screamed with delight the whole time. About halfway through the ride she looked at me and said "Mommy this is so fun!" It was really cute and then when we got off she said "That was really cool!" She was a total daredevil.


I thought for a little girl that is so afraid of the water she would be scared of the rides too, but she rode the little roller coaster by herself and all the other rides and had a blast.

Riding with Dad down the Magic Carpet Ride. They have so much fun together.


Lizzy and her friend Bethanie

Nellie just chilled in her stroller the whole time. She was so good.

That picture of Nellie reminded me of this July 4th two years ago. Nellie and Lizzy look more alike than I thought they did.

2 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

Hey binny!
Joy told me you had a blog and I just added you to my list. Let me know if you want me to take it off. We missed you at the shower, hope you had fun with the fam.

Ladysam said...

Binny, we had so much fun that day! Just think we almost threw in the towl because of that weird rain shower!