Monday, July 16, 2007

Sundance

The main reason we came out to Utah was for the Hansen family reunion. All of us were able to come except my brother Jarom and My brother Austin, his wife and three kids. Because there are so many of us and no place for all of us to comfortably hang out together we rented a cabin in Sundance for a couple of nights. It was so much fun, the cabin was so big and nice. We only wish it could have been a bit longer. Next year we will have to have a longer reunion. it was so nice to be able to see everyone but not feel like we were stepping all over each other.

The second day we were there we decided to go a a hike to Stewart Falls. I wasn't going to go because Nellie is past the point of carrying in a Baby Bjorn, but since everyone was going I didn't want to miss out on the fun, so I put her in the Bjorn anyway. She is small for her age, but it was still a bit hard to carry her that way for so long, but it was worth going with everyone. Lizzy did pretty well on the way up, but on the way back she wanted to be held pretty much the whole way back.
We all watched movies, did puzzles, hung around talking a lot. It was so much fun to be together with everyone. It makes me a little bit sad to think that we all can get together so infrequently, but I guess that is just how life is. It just makes the time we do spend together that much more fun.
Most of the grandkids (except the babies)Lizzy striking a pose

Me and my sister Janae

Our little family all dirty and hot

Lizzy and Grandpa ( I love this picture)

The dirty little urchins taking advantage of the sweet master tub

No comments: