Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas

We had a really great Christmas this year. We stayed home, but now that Lizzy is getting older it was so much fun because she understood and got so excited about everything. Christmas Eve the girls got to wear their new jammies that I made them. I was glad to get those done, I finished that day and it was a big relief. They really loved their soft jammies. I made them out of flannel back satin so they are warm on the inside but silky on the outside. Lizzy's were Strawberry Shortcake and Nellie's were really cute blue ones. Then we had a treat and had some Christmas dancing, a Hansen family tradition. Then we got Santa's plate all ready, Lizzy was so excited about that. Then we threw some reindeer food out in the front yard. It was really fun!! I got up at 5:15 Christmas morning to make desserts and rolls for our dinner. I was done earlier than I thought so I was waiting for the girls to wake up for a while, I was really excited so it was hard for me to not go and wake them up myself. Nellie still doesn't understand, but she sees her sister get so excited so that makes her more excited. Santa did a really good job, the girls liked everything they got, although Lizzy thinks she got the play vacuum not Nellie. Oh well, Nellie doesn't mind sharing sometimes. I got a really nice serger for Christmas from Kevin, it was really sweet of him although he spent way more money than he was supposed to. He got some really nice golf clubs from me that he is really excited to be able to use. After we opened presents and got ready we headed to Tipton to see his family and have Christmas dinner. It was really yummy and we had a good time down there. It was such a good Christmas I am just really sad to see it end, because January through March are really cold with nothing to look forward to. I always get a little depressed during the first of the year waiting for spring to come.

The girlies in their jammies
Nellie unstuffing her stocking. The stocking has always been my favorite thing
Lizzy and her crazy hair she always looks like this in the morning.

Nellie enjoying her new bug

Nellie got a Dora chair and Lizzy already had one so now they can chill in their chairs. They really like to just sit together in them or play choo choo train with them. they have really started using their imaginations a lot to play and I love it.
Lizzy enjoying her new princess dress and her umbrella. She has been asking for an umbrella for almost a year now so it's a good thing Santa came through. It was one of her favorite gifts.

No comments: