Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Holidays are always hard because most of the time Kevin works them so it is just another day for me with the girls. I wanted to make it fun this year so I thought we could go on a picnic at a nice park in a nearby town, and then I thought we could go swimming. Well the forecast that day said it would be mid eighties with partly sunny skies with maybe a chance of rain. It reached 70 that day and we never saw the sun so if felt pretty cold, plus it was rainy the whole day. We didn't get to go swimming but we did decide to go to the park.

Nellie LOVES to swing, on the big swings, and pretty high too. It kind of scares me but she holds on really tight and loves it. She looks so small but she thinks she is so big and if Lizzy is doing something you can bet that Nellie will do it too. She could swing for a half an hour and not get sick of it.

There was a little Amphitheater and of course little miss performer wanted me to introduce her, then she got up there and sang a bunch of songs and did some dances.


Of course if Lizzy does something Nellie has to too.The girls loved sliding too. There was a really big high slide that Lizzy was too scared to go on, but Nellie is fearless so she went on it, and Lizzy couldn't let Nellie be braver than her so she went too. I sense that this may be a sign of some competition later on when they are older, uh-oh!

I had to put this picture in because Nellie is really throwing some massive fits lately, so I thought I might as well have a few pictures of them to show her when she is older.

8 comments:

Joy :) said...

Your girls are so dang cute!!!!

Joy :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

I can't wait to see these dang cute little girls! Hope you guys had fun in Hawaii, we can talk about it all next week!!

Kris said...

Aww, it looks like you guys have been having some fun!!! Tell the girls hi from us and tell them their cousins miss them! I wish we could see you guys more- the girls are darling in the pictures!

Chanelle said...

I'm sorry your memorial day was a little rainy, it looks like you and the girls had a great time! I really can't get over how cute those little girls are!

FirstMadaxe said...

he guys I just checked your whole blog and I love all the pictures and stuff. Wow those dresses are so cute and the drawings are amazing. Love you guys. Janae

Emily Brimhall said...

can't wait to see ya soon.