Wednesday, June 15, 2011

McKay's Commissioning

Back in May my brother McKay commissioned into the Air Force. It was really neat to go the the ceremony. He commissioned the day after he graduated from Berkeley with his Masters in Engineering. I have to brag because he is one smart guy! In case anyone is wondering when you get commissioned it means you become an officer in the Air Force. He will be stationed at Hill Air Force Base, which I am glad because then we can still see him. McKay and his wife Joanne.


It was really neat because my brother Austin who is a pilot in the Air Force was able to come and do the swearing in (or something like that, I can't remember what it is officially called.)


This was where my parents and Joanne got to put on McKay's new pins.


I am so proud of McKay. He is such a good guy and the Air Force is lucky to have him.

This was his first salute as an officer.


It was fun to have a bunch of family that weekend come for the occasion. Whenever we get together we have SO much fun together just talking and hanging out and laughing together.


My sister Chanelle came and brought her son Jack, who is almost the same age as Jane. They had do much fun playing and they are so cute together.


1 comment:

Chanelle said...

Yeah Mckay! What great pictures you guys got.....I wish I had my camera with me. I love the pictures of Jack and Jane, what cute little cousins!