Monday, November 19, 2012

Halloween

Halloween was fun this year.  Fun but busy.  I am glad I didn't think about making costumes this year.  Too much work! The Saturday before our ward was having their trunk or treat.  We took the kids even though our old ward was having it the same night and it was tempting to go over there, but we know that we need to get to know the people in our new ward.  It was fine but still hard because we don't know too many people still.  

 This was really the only good picture of Russell in his costume that I got.  We borrowed a golfer costume from my brother, and he looked so dang cute in it.  He didn't want to keep the hat on though.  I need to get him used to wearing hats.
 Russy the golfer, Lizzy as Hermoine, per her new obsession,  Janie was Rapunzel per her obsession and Nellie was a cowgirl.
 The night of Halloween I realized that we hadn't carved pumpkins, again!  What is my deal? This is at least the second year in a row that I have done this.  So we went to the grocery store and picked a few up, but the carving tools were lost in the move and so we had to do it with knives, which I do not recommend.  It is so much harder!  Janie had fun getting the guts out and  drawing on the outside.  Then I carved it for her.
 Nellie did the same, although she did a little bit of the carving  and she drew the pattern on the outside for me to do.
Lizzy was awesome and carved the whole thing herself.  It was nice because carving four pumpkins, making dinner and getting everyone ready to trick or treat was a lot of work!  


I was pretty exhausted that night. Luckily Kevy decided to stay home and clean up the mess I left, (What a great guy! ) while I took the kids out. We went with Lizzy's little friend from school and her mom, but they invited other people too and Lizzy felt left out.  Not to mention they were running from house to house and Janie was having a hard time keeping up with the big girls.  Next time maybe we will go by ourselves.
 Janie's wig was a disaster by the end of the night, but she looked really cute in it.  I tired really hard to get Janie to be Little Bo Peep because I have the cutest costume I made that both the other girls wore, but it was not what she wanted.  And I ultimately decided to let her have what she wanted,  I didn't want to force anything on her.  She really loved being Rapunzel.
 Nellie looks like she is in pain here.  She isnt though, just doing her silly smile.
Lizzy kept changing poses as I would take the pictures  But I only posted this one.  We did her hair in a bunch of little braids the night before so it would be kookily like Hermoine's is, and it looked so cute for school, but by nighttime it just looked sad.  We had a fun Halloween and look forward to next year.  Maybe I can get Jane to wear the Little Bo Peep and Anne can be the little sheep.  That would be cute!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I can't get over how cute little Russell is in that costume! To die for!!! They all looked so darling, I can't believe that Janie wore that wig! We can't wait for baby Anne to get here!