Thursday, November 15, 2012

Two Birthday Cakes

With two October birthdays, October is a such a busy time, with Halloween thrown in there too, it just seems like everything is crazy.  Plus this year we left just a few days after Russ' birthday to go to Utah for Kevin's Grandmas funeral, and were gone for about 5 days.  Also this year Lizzy's baptism was just a few days after Halloween so I have been feeling really stressed.  I was also feeling really guilty because I hadn't made Russ' first birthday cake for him, and Lizzy's birthday had passed and she needed a cake too, and Halloween was a couple days away, so I needed to get two birthday cakes made. I decided to just make them both and they could celebrate together. 

 Russ has been so into cars lately and I found this pretty easy to make car cake.  It's not that pretty, but when he saw it he could tell it was a car and he got really excited, so that's all that matters.
 Luckily this year Lizzy wanted a grown up cake instead of a shaped cake.  She asked for this chocolate Mousse Cake and it was so yummy!
 One of my favorite things is watching a baby eat their first birthday cake. And Russ did not disappoint.  I have had ones that ate just a little, or Nellie really went to town but Russy's had to be the best.  I put the piece down on the tray and he picked up the entire thing and tried to stick it all in his mouth at once.  We all got a kick out of that one.


Lizzy was really excited about her birthday this year, obviously  because it is such a special one.  She was really happy with her cake. Holy Cow Lizzy is eight! Crazy!  I love my two October babies!!

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Oh my goodness how darling!!! I love all the costumes and Russell's is the cutest of all!! Throw that cute grin in there and I could just eat him up!! The cakes turned out cute too Binny. You are so good! Looks like lots of fun to be had at the Richey's! Love you all