Thursday, March 21, 2013

Buddy Bear

Oh my goodness do we love our Buddy Bear!  Russ is 17 months old now and I just can't believe how grown up he is starting to seem.  He really is starting to look and seem like a little boy rather than a baby.  Although he is still my baby and I just want to eat him up all the time!  He was never chubby, but he is really starting to thin out and get tall.  At his 15 month checkup he was 22 lbs. (15%) and 30.5 inches (25%)  I know not very big, but for one of my kids not too bad!  He is definitely bigger than all the girls were.  
It is crazy how different he is than the girls, which is so fun to have that difference!  He is so boy, it is crazy!  He loves sticks and dirt and balls and trucks and anything that he can use as a weapon.  So funny.  One of the funniest things that he likes to do is act like a monster.  He will start growling and chase the girls around. He has really picked up his talking lately too.  He can say Mom and Dad and all of his sisters names.  But lately he has started saying baby a lot and he says it so clearly.  If he gets a phone he picks it up and says Hi, Hello.  He says ball and he even recognizes when it is a baseball and can say baseball.  Which Kevy of course thinks is the coolest thing ever. I got him some baseball jammies and when he first saw the pants he started petting them and saying baseball.  He also says Santa and Big Boy, and raises his hands when he says that, and banana and night night.  He even has started saying Harry, as in Harry potter since Lizzy is so obsessed.  I know there are more I just can't think of them right now.
The thing he loves probably more than anything though is his dad.  He is a total daddy's boy.  When he hears Kevin get home from work he races to the front door screaming DADDY!  I love that he loves Kevin so much and even though it makes me a bit sad that he prefers Kevin every time over me, I am so glad that since they are the only boys they already have that special bond.


 I just thought he looked so cute sleeping here with his blankie and monkey,  he is super attached to his blank and if he has it his thumb automatically gets put in his mouth.  We have found a few more blankets that he will take, which is good because this one is getting hammered.
 Russy loves trying on glasses and wearing them.
 Another thing he really seems to like is the remotes and always is changing the channel on the girls, which drives them crazy.  These two are my little day buddies and are so fun to be with while the others are at school.
 The girls love playing with him outside, which is a good thing because he could spend every waking hour out there.  We have lever handles on our doors so I have to make sure I keep them locked at all times because he will be outside the first chance he gets.  The girls couldn't find his stroller so they put him in our fruit cart and were pushing him around.
 He is going through a bit of a picky phase with eating, which drives me nuts because he used to eat EVERYTHING!  And now stuff that he used to love he won't touch.  He is still a better eater than most kids but one of the things I can't ever get him to eat is bread, silly kid!  He does love frozen gogurts and another thing he really loves besides fruit, (all kinds) is Chips and Guacamole.  He loves that stuff.  Most babies I know don't really like chips that much but Russ sure does.
He really likes his treats too.  If he knows there is a treat he will not let us have some without him.  He is such a special boy,  I can't believe that he is already 17 months old.  Time is going by too fast and I just want it to stop so I can keeps these kids little a bit longer!  But we are really enjoying him getting bigger and seeing his super fun personality shining through!  We love him SO much!

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

They do grow up fast don't they? Thanks for writing about little Russ. Can't wait to see him and let him chase me around:) I hope he will. Boys are so fun and it is so special that Kevy and he have such a strong bond. I sure loved seeing that with Kevy and Kev. Can't wait to meet little Anne. We are getting so excited to come out. Love you all!!!