Thursday, March 7, 2013

President's Day

So for Presidents day we had a four day weekend and I was really itching to take a little trip.  It has been a while and I knew with Anne coming this was my last chance.  Unfortunately we just don't have the money, but we didn't want to just stay home and have a regular day, so Kevy took off work and we went down to Fairfield to see my parents.  We had lunch together and then we went to visit the Jelly belly factory which happens to be there.  Apparently a lot of other people were doing the same thing, because the line was really long.  So we bought some jelly beans and waited it out.  The girls were really patient and good waiting in the line. 

 Russ was a bit wild and it was a bit hard keeping track of him while we waited.  He wanted to be held and wander around too.  There was also some live entertainment, which was probably the highlight of the whole thing, because it was so awful.  It was a singing group of young girls and I don't know why they were there all I know is that it was some of the worst singing I have ever heard!  The poor little girls were so awful and singing so loud.  Lizzy was making funny faces and we had to teach her not to, but I had a hard time not making those faces it was that bad.  Like make you want to cover your ears bad.
 We had to get a picture of all of us in our cool Jelly belly hats.

 It was cool to see all the portraits they made out of jelly beans.
 Russ really didn't like wearing his, but I had to get a picture with Kevy and him in theirs because it was just too cute.
 After the factory we went back to my parents and went swimming.  Or I should say the kids did.  It ended up being a cool windy day, so Kevy and I were not interested in swimming but the kids had a blast.

 Kevy put Russ in the pool after being in the hot tub, and you would think he would cry and be sad but he wasn't he loved it, even though this picture doesn't look that way.
 The pool was heated, but on a cold day and after being in the hot tub I thought the girls were crazy to get in, but they didn't care.  Silly kids. Jane knew where it was at though and she stayed in the hot tub the whole time.
Russ especially loved the swimming.  I was out there fully dressed with a hoodie on and I was cold, but Russ was crazy and loved it.  He only got mad when we made him get out.  I am seriously in for it this summer.  He loves the water way too much, I know it will be trouble.

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Looks like you had fun! The kids are all getting so big. Jelly bean factory looked way cool and what is it with kids in swimming? I swear they love to swim no matter the weather. Making the memories is what it is all about. We are getting so excited to come out and see you all and hold new little baby Anne. See you soon!!! Love ya